Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | A True Playoff Team

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I do really like Hronek and would love to have him back. But if that's going to cost us Joshua and Zadorov I think it's pretty obvious the direction we need to go in. Not to mention we can still recoup assets for Hronek since he's still an RFA.
Agreed. Two months ago I would have said sign Hronek first and prioritize, but the last part of the season and the first three playoff games have shown Joshua and Zadorov bring a lot more. Of course that can all change and three games is just three games, but the edge for now is def not in Hroneks favour

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
One has to wonder if the reason why some players are looking so good has anything to do with the minutes played and competition faced by other players. If the first group was gone and the others were pushed into a bigger role would they perform as well?

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
Dhaliwal on SN650: "Milstein/Zadorov looking for $5M+ on his next contract at 'big' term".

Do you take Hronek at $8M or Zadorov/Tanev at $9.5M?
I'd take Hronek at 7 mill and Z at 5 mill no problem.Not interested in Tanev at all.Would rather have some of our young guys fight for spots.Happy to have Juulsen back also.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I'd take Hronek at 7 mill and Z at 5 mill no problem.Not interested in Tanev at all.Would rather have some of our young guys fight for spots.Happy to have Juulsen back also.

Hronek and Zad, yes.

Juulsen, still not a fan.

Tanev might be good, good depth defenseman who commands TONS of respect, and can provide leadership at times of adversity. No, real leadership, not L33DaRShEEp like f***ing Jay The Beagle and Brandon Balls o Steel Sutter.

Chaos Giraffe, please return your immaterium.

Reactions: BimJenning

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Hronek and Zad, yes.

Juulsen, still not a fan.

Tanev might be good, good depth defenseman who commands TONS of respect, and can provide leadership at times of adversity. No, real leadership, not L33DaRShEEp like f***ing Jay The Beagle and Brandon Balls o Steel Sutter.

Chaos Giraffe, please return your immaterium.
Juulsen makes 775k and is totally fine as a 7,8th D. If we are banking on him to be the 6th D then that’s not a good spot to be in unless we somehow find 2 more 1st paring guy after Hughes and Hronek and need to cut salary somewhere

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Juulsen makes 775k and is totally fine as a 7,8th D. If we are banking on him to be the 6th D then that’s not a good spot to be in unless we somehow find 2 more 1st paring guy after Hughes and Hronek and need to cut salary somewhere

OK that's fair, as long as Juulsen is where he's suppose to be for the most part.

Hoping Willander and Pete 2.0 will make an impact soon enough.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
OK that's fair, as long as Juulsen is where he's suppose to be for the most part.

Hoping Willander and Pete 2.0 will make an impact soon enough.
I think we won’t see them until year after. Next year’s cap saving should be from Bains and hopefully one of Sasson/Raty making the 4th line.

Reactions: Reverend Mayhem

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

Hronek’s cap will probably be at least $7.5M if you get lucky. Zadorov yes probably $5M. I’m not sure how you do that with Pettersson’s extension kicking in, replace and/or sign Myers, and sign Joshua to $3.5M+. Then you also have to improve the top six.

Definitely do everything to ditch Mikheyev’s salary, but I doubt even that accommodates all of the above.

Reactions: BimJenning

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
Hronek’s cap will probably be at least $7.5M if you get lucky. Zadorov yes probably $5M. I’m not sure how you do that with Pettersson’s extension kicking in, replace and/or sign Myers, and sign Joshua to $3.5M+. Then you also have to improve the top six.

Definitely do everything to ditch Mikheyev’s salary, but I doubt even that accommodates all of the above.
hard to see Hronek signing for more than Hanafin; recent play has probably put his AAV under $7MM. Boeser more likely on the move than mikheyev at this point IMO. however this all shakes out.....our management team is going to busy AF this summer!

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
hard to see Hronek signing for more than Hanafin; recent play has probably put his AAV under $7MM. Boeser more likely on the move than mikheyev at this point IMO. however this all shakes out.....our management team is going to busy AF this summer!

Can't see them moving Boeser he's extremely popular, has chemistry with Miller, and is really our only true scoring winger on the entire roster. If you want to improve, you really need to keep him and find a way to upgrade on Suter and Pettersson's wingers, ideally.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Package Hronek for Brady Tkachuk to play with EP40 or Lindholm and sign Tanev to play with QH until Willander is ready.

Boom everyone wins.

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
Package Hronek for Brady Tkachuk to play with EP40 or Lindholm and sign Tanev to play with QH until Willander is ready.

Boom everyone wins.
Am I missing something, is there something going on in Ottawa that would make them part with Tkachuk? I keep seeing proposals like this. The Senators are also completely overloaded with overpriced defencemen. Other than playing the right side, I don't see how Hronek is what they need.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
If we want to bring back essentially the same roster (but letting Lindholm walk as a UFA) + sign Tanev, we will have pretty much no cap space for anyone else (assuming the cap rises as expected, my numbers are fairly accurate, and we don’t trade Mikheyev).

<iframe src="Hmmmm - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps" class="frame" height="500px" width="100%" scrolling="yes" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Edit - no idea how to embed Cap Friendly rosters here. Here’s the link:

Last edited:
Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
If we want to bring back essentially the same roster, we will have pretty much no cap space for anyone else (assuming the cap rises as expected, my numbers are fairly accurate, and we don’t trade Mikheyev).

<iframe src="Hmmmm - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps" class="frame" height="500px" width="100%" scrolling="yes" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Edit - no idea how to embed Cap Friendly rosters here. Here’s the link:

Mikheyev is really a medical call, in many ways.if the Canucks medical staff are not confident that he can fully heal so that he regains his elite speed, then they should aggressively try to dump him with a pick this summer.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Agreed. Two months ago I would have said sign Hronek first and prioritize, but the last part of the season and the first three playoff games have shown Joshua and Zadorov bring a lot more. Of course that can all change and three games is just three games, but the edge for now is def not in Hroneks favour

His scoring fell off a cliff in the second half of the season. 20 points in his last 50 games.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
I know I shouldn't want to allocate too much cap space to LD, but man, with the way Zadorov is playing, how can you let him walk? How do you replace him? I know $16-ish million on LD if pretty steep especially with the lack of RD and top 6 wingers, and I know Zadorov isn't perfect in the regular season, but if you want to compete in the playoff, you want him on your team.

On the other hand, hard no for Toffoli. He might score a few goals in the regular season but is lack of speed is holding him back in the playoff. For an already slow team, I hope they find another top 6 options. Tofu is only going to get slower and less effective.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Monohan, Chandler, Lindholm....Their are a few options for 3 C this summer

Last edited:

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I know I shouldn't want to allocate too much cap space to LD, but man, with the way Zadorov is playing, how can you let him walk? How do you replace him? I know $16-ish million on LD if pretty steep especially with the lack of RD and top 6 wingers, and I know Zadorov isn't perfect in the regular season, but if you want to compete in the playoff, you want him on your team.

On the other hand, hard no for Toffoli. He might score a few goals in the regular season but is lack of speed is holding him back in the playoff. For an already slow team, I hope they find another top 6 options. Tofu is only going to get slower and less effective.

The difference though is we can afford Toffoli without doing much more than trading Mikheyev. I'd love to bring in Guenztel but there's no shot we fit in 9M without losing depth in the likes of Zadorov and/or Joshua. Reinhart I'm not sold on being able to repeat this season. I also think he stays put. Granted, if Carolina goes far, I suspect they'll lock Guenztel up or he'll go back to Pittsburgh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad