Canucks Management and Ownership Thread v27.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Trouba isn't enough of an upgrade (and that still remains to be seen) to justify trading a kid who by all accounts loves being a Canuck for a kid that has demanded a trade so early in his career.

Same reason why I was never really on the Drouin bandwagon.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

Stay away Chevy...

do you guys think he would settle for a LHD who is tier

nucks-753x500.jpg

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
you have to admit, though, a gudbranson-trouba pairing would be one hell of a shutdown pairing. trouba is so good, so smart, and could turn gud into a stud the way bieksa was immeasurably more steady when he had mitchell and/or hamhuis paired with him.

and what a world, where we are hoarding LDs and have way too many RDs. when has that ever happened?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
you have to admit, though, a gudbranson-trouba pairing would be one hell of a shutdown pairing. trouba is so good, so smart, and could turn gud into a stud the way bieksa was immeasurably more steady when he had mitchell and/or hamhuis paired with him.

and what a world, where we are hoarding LDs and have way too many RDs. when has that ever happened?

Problem is they are both RS dmen. Trouba would be competing with Gudbranson for ice time (Tanev and Stecher/Larsen too) not pairing with him. I'm not sure why we would bother getting Trouba when we have Gudbranson.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Benning already said he likes his right side.

I doubt we're gonna make a move for Trouba.

Also, there is no need to get mad at potential moves that don't look like they'll happen. If Benning is a bad GM there would be no reason to fuss over potential bad moves. Rather let's focus on the actual moves rather then the imaginary ones. I feel like there are a few on this website that will arbitrarily hate all Benning's moves.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

Also, there is no need to get mad at potential moves that don't look like they'll happen. If Benning is a bad GM there would be no reason to fuss over potential bad moves. Rather let's focus on the actual moves rather then the imaginary ones. I feel like there are a few on this website that will arbitrarily hate all Benning's moves.

I liked the signing of Stecher. I also liked the Bieksa trade. Hated what we did with the pick that he got though.

I only hate most of Benning's moves because most of Benning's moves are idiotic.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Problem is they are both RS dmen. Trouba would be competing with Gudbranson for ice time (Tanev and Stecher/Larsen too) not pairing with him. I'm not sure why we would bother getting Trouba when we have Gudbranson.

well gudbradson woukdnt be doing any of the work so handedness doesn't matter

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver

Yea like when Subban didn't get signed

and Tryamking stayed in the KHL

D AMN THE IMGAINARY NEGATIVES

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

huh, i thought gud was LS. geez then man do we ever not need trouba whatsoever.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I hope he solidifies himself as a top 4 defensemen and gets a Tanev like contract.

I think that is more then fair for Gudbranson, if he shows himself a top 4 defenseman

That's fair.

That's a big IF too, but I can agree with this statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad