Post-Game Talk: Canucks lose to Kraken | 2-5 | Pettersson & Beauvillier

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Mikheyev petey kuzzy
Beau miller ———-
Hoglander ———- PDG
Joshua aman ———
Just like going into every off-season, I think fans expecting this team to shed significant cap space are going to be disappointed. There are way more teams looking to shed cap space than there are teams willing to take it on, especially multi-year commitments for wingers and role players.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Just like going into every off-season, I think fans expecting this team to shed significant cap space are going to be disappointed. There are way more teams looking to shed cap space than there are teams willing to take it on, especially multi-year commitments for wingers and role players.

i think they'll dump garland and maybe myers. i don't see boeser moving unless they are willing to add

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
That one HFboards member who is the CBA king on this site said putting Myers on waivers voids his M-NTC

if that's the case, do it as anybody can claim him.
Putting Myers on waivers wouldn't void his NTC. There's just no protection from being waived with a no-trade clause, a player has to have a no-movement clause in order not to be waived.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
That one HFboards member who is the CBA king on this site said putting Myers on waivers voids his M-NTC

if that's the case, do it as anybody can claim him.

I don't think it voids it but rather bypasses using waivers claims. You can argue it "voids" it in effect, making it useless for a negative value dump (no other team will claim the player other than the one getting paid).

I could be wrong, maybe it does void it completely or maybe it just keeps going to the new team. I would think the latter.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I don't think it voids it but rather bypasses using waivers claims. You can argue it "voids" it in effect, making it useless for a negative value dump (no other team will claim the player other than the one getting paid).

I could be wrong, maybe it does void it completely or maybe it just keeps going to the new team. I would think the latter.

What did Myers have again?

I think it was a NTC in year 1 --> NMC in years 2 and 3 ---> M-NMC in 4 and 5
I just remember them saying he had 3 separate clauses throughout the life of his contract

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
What did Myers have again?

I think it was a NTC in year 1 --> NMC in years 2 and 3 ---> M-NMC in 4 and 5
I just remember them saying he had 3 separate clauses throughout the life of his contract
Cap friendly has modified NTC for 4 and 5.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Got handled in this one. Seattle might be tough out in the playoffs.

Hughes looks to be finally wearing down under the load. Didn't have much pop. Without the PP scoring team is in trouble. Looks like Pettersson also tiring. Team just doesn't have the players to fall back on their system or structure. That is especially so given the depleted defense,

Studnicka has very little game. The Canucks will need better then him moving forward. He is not NHL caliber.

Hirose is quick and moves well. However, has trouble down low. Say the same thing for Rathbone (who fell off from his last game). Team is simply too small on the back end. Has too many of the same type players.

McDonaugh doesn't look bad. Can make up distance fast with his big stride. Seems to end up getting chances. Needs more game time.

Kuzmenko set up some nice plays. Continues to look like point producer moving ahead. Its no fluke or accident he is generating so many points. Also, even though its his first year in the League seems to have more fire in his belly and energy as any on the team.

Myers is staggering to the finish line. Asked to do too much on this disastrous defense (thanks to Benning) and isn't good enough to get to that level.

Turning point in the game was Delia getting beaten on an awful goal from the outside. The pity is that Demko got well too soon and this didn't allow us to use Delia to get higher in the draft. Had a very shaky game and a damn lucky he didn't give up more goals.

Good effort out of Garland. How can some people not see he is a better player than the plodding Boeser? Brock can't even shoot the puck that well anymore. Gets lugged around by Miller. You put Boeser on the 4th line like Garland and you never hear his name. Given the contract, he is the biggest albatross on the team. (and I include OEL)

More and more thinking they should move Bear. Probably get something decent for him and can only see his value going down. Might be that we can use that cap space to help in acquiring a true quality NHL defenseman. Bear IMO is not that. On a good team, he may be your 7th or something as he was in Carolina and elsewhere.

Dries must be replaced on next year's team.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
tocchet’s presser is a worthwhile listen

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sometimes it's just time for a player and a team to part company. That time has arrived for Myers and Boeser.

The may go elsewhere and rejuvenate their NHL careers. And if they do, more power to them. But their time is in Vancouver has to come to an end.

Reactions: CanucksMJL

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I dont think Myers is going to be easy to get rid of
This guy does not want to leave

his agent is gonna strategically think what teams might want him and put them on his M-NTC
Vancouver is Myers forever home.

Thanks Jimbo.

Nov 1, 2011
Myers is gonna be tough to move to be honest, we need to get rid of him somehow.

With his low salary, should be easy. A 6m hit for $1m is a cap bottom team’s wet dream. Even a real money capped team will want him for $1m.

Try to trade him, if he declines, waive him…he’ll go.

Should actually get a good return for him if he accepts a trade.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
With his low salary, should be easy. A 6m hit for $1m is a cap bottom team’s wet dream. Even a real money capped team will want him for $1m.

Try to trade him, if he declines, waive him…he’ll go.

Should actually get a good return for him if he accepts a trade.

You're dreaming. He is no team's wet dream, even for a team trying to reach the CAP floor. Those teams will leverage bad contracts and take back nice draft picks. This whole idea that Myers is an easy move because he's only owed 1M in real dollars is fantasy land. Not even mentioning that Myers has a M-NTC so your chances of finding a suitable partner has to dodge his strategic choices of team's he won't play for.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
So much work to do in the offseason

This team is nowhere near making the playoffs. Cap is a mess, team is slow and soft

Should’ve blown it up and done a full rebuild. Its been a decade of failure, how much longer do we have to endure? Another decade?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Hard to even have interesting thoughts about a game like this. I liked some of what Burroughs did with Hughes.

Overall I thought Seattle was pretty fun to watch. Not sure they go anywhere in the playoffs, but I like how they play.

That's about it.

Reactions: Vector

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Junior and I had a lot of fun at this one. We missed my little guy, but we will go to the game on Thursday and try and show him a great time for his first.

In the meantime, my oldest got on the jumbotron twice, to his delight. First time during warmup, second time was during the “Awkward Dad Dance Cam” segment. He got me to get up and do the floss (badly) and lo and behold, I won two tickets to Peter Gabriel. :laugh:

We got to see a couple of goals (our seats were great, 11 rows behind the net the Canucks shot at twice), and after the game Junior wanted to try and score some autographs. He didn’t land the big fish he was seeking (Petey) but he got autographs from Jack Rathbone, Sheldon Dries and Tyler Myers on his jersey. All three were extremely nice.

Lots of funny fan moments - my favorite had to be a guy who was wearing like 9 jerseys a few rows over from
us. When the Canucks scored, he was wearing a Canucks jersey. When the Kraken scored, he took off the Canucks
jersey to reveal a Kraken jersey. When the refs made a call, he took that one off to reveal a ref jersey. In the intermission, he revealed a zamboni jersey and applauded as it went around the ice.

The fans around us were great and we had a lot of fun. Hope my little guy has a similar experience on Thursday night.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Junior and I had a lot of fun at this one. We missed my little guy, but we will go to the game on Thursday and try and show him a great time for his first.

In the meantime, my oldest got on the jumbotron twice, to his delight. First time during warmup, second time was during the “Awkward Dad Dance Cam” segment. He got me to get up and do the floss (badly) and lo and behold, I won two tickets to Peter Gabriel. :laugh:

We got to see a couple of goals (our seats were great, 11 rows behind the net the Canucks shot at twice), and after the game Junior wanted to try and score some autographs. He didn’t land the big fish he was seeking (Petey) but he got autographs from Jack Rathbone, Sheldon Dries and Tyler Myers on his jersey. All three were extremely nice.

Lots of funny fan moments - my favorite had to be a guy who was wearing like 9 jerseys a few rows over from
us. When the Canucks scored, he was wearing a Canucks jersey. When the Kraken scored, he took off the Canucks
jersey to reveal a Kraken jersey. When the refs made a call, he took that one off to reveal a ref jersey. In the intermission, he revealed a zamboni jersey and applauded as it went around the ice.

The fans around us were great and we had a lot of fun. Hope my little guy has a similar experience on Thursday night.
I'd pay big money to see this dance.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'd pay big money to see this dance.

Oh, my family and friends are dying for a video. My Mom was talking to Guest Services trying to find a way to track down the video. :laugh: They gave her an email to try, so the dream isn’t dead. But best I’ve got for now is a photo of celebrating my “victory” - my oldest son is on my right, my Dad is on my left:

060098DB-E46A-47B8-80A8-0326F36C862D.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad