Aug 4, 2005
Some targets.

Patrick Laine
Tyler Bertuzzi
Anthony Mantha
Kyle Palmerri
Rickard Rakell
Tomas Hertl

This is the type of deal we will see Mantha in over the next couple of years. Sending him to a big time up and comer as he goes into his prime.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Give it a few more losses for Benning to make a panic, knee jerk reaction trade in a desperate attempt to save his job. Good bye draft picks/prospects, hello pending UFA forward.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Rakell is great with a high skill center and the Ducks have so many young forwards that they will eventually need to clear room for the young guys.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
I think the team needs to move Boeser in a package for a fast playmaking winger who is more compatible with Pettersson. Kane would be ideal.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Keller + Demers + 4th + Conditional 2nd (Boeser plays a minimum 50 games this year) for Boeser + Myers + 1st + Lind.

Helps solve cap issues for Vancouver going into the offseason and gives them the speedy winger to play with Pat on a long term contract. Demers is an upgrade on Myers as well.

Arizona gets a 3rd D to protect in the ED while adding a goal scorer in Boeser and a 1st for taking on the expensive Myers contract. Lind is "insurance" on a Boeser injury.

I wouldn't pill the trigger on this because Keller looks like he's returning to the 60+ point forward we've been waiting on but would this be in the ballpark?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Keller + Demers + 4th + Conditional 2nd (Boeser plays a minimum 50 games this year) for Boeser + Myers + 1st + Lind.

Helps solve cap issues for Vancouver going into the offseason and gives them the speedy winger to play with Pat on a long term contract. Demers is an upgrade on Myers as well.

Arizona gets a 3rd D to protect in the ED while adding a goal scorer in Boeser and a 1st for taking on the expensive Myers contract. Lind is "insurance" on a Boeser injury.

I wouldn't pill the trigger on this because Keller looks like he's returning to the 60+ point forward we've been waiting on but would this be in the ballpark?

Canucks can’t afford to give up another 1st after not picking in the first two rounds last draft. We’re not that desperate to clear cap with Sutter, Baertschi, Edler, and the Spooner buyout coming off the books. It’ll just be status quo with the Hughes/Pettersson extensions. Myers actually has a chance of being selected in the expansion draft as well, depending on how Seattle constructs their roster (Holtby or a depth forward are the other options).

The thread is also about acquiring another top 6 forward, not swapping top 6 forwards (Keller and Boeser).

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Canucks can’t afford to give up another 1st after not picking in the first two rounds last draft. We’re not that desperate to clear cap with Sutter, Baertschi, Edler, and the Spooner buyout coming off the books. It’ll just be status quo with the Hughes/Pettersson extensions. Myers actually has a chance of being selected in the expansion draft as well, depending on how Seattle constructs their roster (Holtby or a depth forward are the other options).

The thread is also about acquiring another top 6 forward, not swapping top 6 forwards (Keller and Boeser).
Forgot to quote the other poster but it was off what they said about swapping Boeser for a playmaking winger.

Regardless, totally get it, just wanted to nail down the overall value.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

That seems unbalanced.

Demers is a single year commitment, then we'd have to sign a replacement. And honestly, Myers has been fine for us so far. I know I'm a rarity, but I'm not prepared to dump Myers yet, in spite of his contract.

Really Keller for Boeser would be the base, which...the idea is to add a top six forward rather than swap them.

I like Keller though, I don't suppose Arizona wants futures, or a "make change for a dollar" trade, do they?

Edit:

Forgot to quote the other poster but it was off what they said about swapping Boeser for a playmaking winger.

Regardless, totally get it, just wanted to nail down the overall value.

I didn't read all the new replies, no worries there. I'm greedy, so I'd want the playmaker and Boeser, if it's in anyway possible.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
That seems unbalanced.

Demers is a single year commitment, then we'd have to sign a replacement. And honestly, Myers has been fine for us so far. I know I'm a rarity, but I'm not prepared to dump Myers yet, in spite of his contract.

Really Keller for Boeser would be the base, which...the idea is to add a top six forward rather than swap them.

I like Keller though, I don't suppose Arizona wants futures, or a "make change for a dollar" trade, do they?

Edit:

I didn't read all the new replies, no worries there. I'm greedy, so I'd want the playmaker and Boeser, if it's in anyway possible.
Keller isn't even close to Boeser let's be real sucks defensively and is soft as butter.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Boeser not going anywhere, The guy's shot is back, That boat has sailed.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
This is the type of deal we will see Mantha in over the next couple of years. Sending him to a big time up and comer as he goes into his prime.
I would love to get Mantha, Not sure what it would take?
1st + Top prospect + ? + Cap dump

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Armia could be had.

Don't know how a trade could be possible between those two teams though.

With the quarantine, trades between US and Canada based team will be difficult. Furthermore, organisations won't be keen on trading intra-division. Add the flat cap situation to this and you have a bad conjoncture for trades.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Isnt Schimidt be one of the last player the Canucks should move ? Pettersson Hughes obvious untouchables along with Boeser Podkolzin , then Hoglander and Rathbone as the others? Id group Schmidt in with the Podkolzin and Boeser level of "should not move"?
Yes Schmidt would have good value , but is he not very important piece on D ?
Id love him in NJ but no clue what the devils would have of any interest .
The only players on the Canucks that are near untouchable are EP and Hughes. Horvat is next, then Boeser and Demko.

Schmidt and Podkolzin are not in the group. Especially not Schmidt.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Rakell is great with a high skill center and the Ducks have so many young forwards that they will eventually need to clear room for the young guys.
Don’t think the Canucks could offer what Anaheim would want, unless they were ok with some secondary pieces like Juolevi/Gaudette/Virtanen etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad