Injury Report: Canucks Injury Thread 2016-17

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I know a couple people around here are happy Granlund won't be able to claim the distinction of being a 20-goal scorer.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
by my count that's 11 active forwards and 7 dmen if goldobin plays. you'd think they would emergency call up at least one player from utica and have grounds to call up 2 with goldobin uncertain. i assume grenier or will they take the emergency opportunity to grab jake?

if they call up two maybe brett mckenzie gets to play down there.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

Thats horrible how was he allowed to play ? This looks bad on the Nucks but at the same time gotta admit makes Granlund look even better considering was battlin a injury. Look fwd to what he can do next year

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Jon Abbott just reported Canucks lead NHL with 357 man-games lost to injury this season...

A big chunk of that is Dorsett, Larsen and Rodin.

Tanev ~28 games
Gudbranson ~42 games
the defense have spread little injuries around.

then bunch of guys shutdown for the season after the playoff were gone to run the numbers up. Nothing there a good team won't cruise through.

---------------------------------------------
On the positive side the 6 most heavily used forwards all got through playing almost every game that matter.

Henrik Bo and Sutter have barely missed 2 games between them. Daniel Baertschi Granlund and Eriksson missed maybe 10 before the deadline.

I don't think the injuries have been significant this year despite the high numbers. Dorsett, Rodin and Larsen account for just under 200 missed games, TBH losing Larsen was a positive and Dorsett is irrelevant. Rodin was a non-core long shot.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Thats horrible how was he allowed to play ? This looks bad on the Nucks but at the same time gotta admit makes Granlund look even better considering was battlin a injury. Look fwd to what he can do next year

Obvious it wasn't harming him that badly, he had the best shooting percentage of his career. It might have affected his board work though, which could be why he looked like such a *****, he may be felt he couldn't win them so played it safe.

jeromemorrow

May 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
A big chunk of that is Dorsett, Larsen and Rodin.

Tanev ~28 games
Gudbranson ~42 games
the defense have spread little injuries around.

then bunch of guys shutdown for the season after the playoff were gone to run the numbers up. Nothing there a good team won't cruise through.

---------------------------------------------
On the positive side the 6 most heavily used forwards all got through playing almost every game that matter.

Henrik Bo and Sutter have barely missed 2 games between them. Daniel Baertschi Granlund and Eriksson missed maybe 10 before the deadline.

I don't think the injuries have been significant this year despite the high numbers. Dorsett, Rodin and Larsen account for just under 200 missed games, TBH losing Larsen was a positive and Dorsett is irrelevant. Rodin was a non-core long shot.

Great post & comments.

How many games did Hansen miss?

I feel (based on emotions & eye test only) that Hansen missed this season's campaign's most crucial drive... which led to our downfall by way of bumping up Megna & Chaput to spots they were not (yet) accustomed to in their career..

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Marky's back on the ice (again). Won't play until next week at the earliest.

Does this mean Bachman gets a least one more game? It's not like the guy has done poorly in his only 2 starts he has surrendered 3 goals and is 1-1 and was named 1st star in his 2-1 win over the Ducks.

Also sets up Demko to run the 3-game weekend like he did last week. Will depend on what happens night to night. The first 2 games are real short bus rides to Albany and Syracuse before the trip to Pennsylvania for Sunday's game vs the league leading W-B/Scranton Penguins.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Does this mean Bachman gets a least one more game? It's not like the guy has done poorly in his only 2 starts he has surrendered 3 goals and is 1-1 and was named 1st star in his 2-1 win over the Ducks.

Also sets up Demko to run the 3-game weekend like he did last week. Will depend on what happens night to night. The first 2 games are real short bus rides to Albany and Syracuse before the trip to Pennsylvania for Sunday's game vs the league leading W-B/Scranton Penguins.

Yup! Bachman confirmed as the starter for tomorrow's game.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Speculation that Stecher is done for the rest of the year....shoulder injury apparently...which really sucks if you're a d-man at his size.....can we please now get a look at Subban on the second-unit pp?....surely they won't bring impending UFA Larsen out of the pressbox instead.:shakehead

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Speculation that Stecher is done for the rest of the year....shoulder injury apparently...which really sucks if you're a d-man at his size.....can we please now get a look at Subban on the second-unit pp?....surely they won't bring impending UFA Larsen out of the pressbox instead.:shakehead

We are out of call-ups my friend.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Hmm...I thought we still had two call-ups left....and can't someone still come up on 'emergency recall'?

I think we can still have injury emergency recalls if we have no more eligible players on our NHL roster.

Man they should let teams that are eliminated from playoffs call up more players.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Stecher out, Larsen in.

Marky mysteriously missing from practice again. Oi vey

Update: Stecher and Eriksson may play Friday. Marky is likely getting shut down for the season. But Willie has "confidence in him", so he's got that going for him which is nice.

Long live the chariot race.

Last edited:

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
If they get Markstrom surgery now he'll have six months before camp. This must lessen his chances of seizing the number one spot? He'll be rehabbing a knee, not polishing his game, all offseason.

I think this forces a Miller return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad