Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please post your selection)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
Now that the preliminary vote is over, and the good people of the Canucks section of hfboards have decided to use the Canucks Army Consolidated Draft List, we can get to the fun bit. I'll list the next 14 guys in the poll. If you want to vote for someone else, just stick them in a post and tick 'other'.

I will adjust the order according to votes from the previous round to make it easier to find consensus top prospects.

For reference:

In 2016 we would have chosen Chychrun if we had been in charge of the draft, but would have taken Juolevi at 7th. Much earlier than you would think given the conversation around here.

In 2017 we would have picked Mittelstadt and would have waited until the 9th pick before selecting Pettersson. (We also had Lind and Gadjovich as 1st round picks).

Unfortunately, the migration appears to have destroyed the actual polls, but here's the full list from last year:

#1 Nico Hischier 57.75%
#2 Nolan Patrick 95.18%
#3 Casey Mittelstadt 47.96%
#4 Gabe Vilardi 52.25%
#5 Cale Makar 34.52%
#6 Cody Glass 28.05%
#7 Martin Necas 53.19%
#8 Miro Heiskanen 50.60%
#9 Elias Pettersson 61.43%
#10 Nick Suzuki 43.55%
#11 Timothy Liljegren 37.10%
#12 Owen Tippet 40.00%
#13 Eeli Tolvanen 42.50%
#14 Robert Thomas 25.00%
#15 Erik Brannstrom 27.91%
#16 Michael Rasmussen 22.86%
#17 Kailer Yamamoto 35.48%
#18 Kristain Vesalainen 32.26%
#19 Lias Andersson 26.67%
#20 Cal Foote 25.00%
#21 Jusso Valimaki 37.50%
#22 J. Anderson-Dolan 21.88%
#23 Nicholas Hague 26.92%
#24 Klim Kostin 34.48%
#25 Jason Robertson 31.82%
#26 Ryan Poehling 24.00%
#27 Connor Timmins 21.05%
#28 Kole Lind 28.57%
#29 Maxime Comtois 15.79%
#30 Henri Jokiharju 17.86%
#31 Jonah Gadjovich 22.73%
#32 Jake Oetinger 17.65%

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I think this is too soon OP i love that you do these but i think last years wasnt reflecting peoples POV by the last week before draft. Insaying that not saying start it a week before the draft but maybe the start a June?? Some people always follow prospects for years before drafted a few more a year before and then more fans a few months before the draft and then the majority in the last few weeks and their opinions at this point might be diffy. I know i changed my order quiet a few times in the last couple a months last year and this year too

Then again its not a big deal really :laugh:

Dahlin at 1 anyways

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
I think this is too soon OP i love that you do these but i think last years wasnt reflecting peoples POV by the last week before draft. Insaying that not saying start it a week before the draft but maybe the start a June?? Some people always follow prospects for years before drafted a few more a year before and then more fans a few months before the draft and then the majority in the last few weeks and their opinions at this point might be diffy. I know i changed my order quiet a few times in the last couple a months last year and this year too

Dahlin at 1 anyways
Yeah, I get that. If someday, far (far) into the future we end up outside the bottom five in the standings, that’s exactly what I would do. Given we are usually picking in the low 30s in the second round, I am hoping we can reach our second round pick before the interest dies off completely. There are some pretty fun things that leap out given we are able to go so far down the list. Gadjovich in particular.

In any case, I’m personally still changing my opinion on the morning of the draft. I can’t imagine I’m alone.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Yeah, I get that. If someday, far (far) into the future we end up outside the bottom five in the standings, that’s exactly what I would do. Given we are usually picking in the low 30s in the second round, I am hoping we can reach our second round pick before the interest dies off completely. There are some pretty fun things that leap out given we are able to go so far down the list. Gadjovich in particular.

In any case, I’m personally still changing my opinion on the morning of the draft. I can’t imagine I’m alone.
Haha true enough thanks for doing these

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta

Dahlin at 1 anyways

We will never get this done if we wait for you to settle on a final list.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver

Dahlin at 1 anyways

I agree with this... These are only somewhat accurate when looking back. I fully expect to flip flop on my draft order a couple times between now and the draft haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad