Canucks draft Skille or Bourret?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
If they're smart, they take Jack Skille.

Bourret is one of the more overrated players in this draft, I think. I don't see much more than another Sean Avery(sparkplug with some okay scoring ability) in Bourret...while Skille reminds me of Bill Guerin.

gameface

May 30, 2004
Maple Ridge, BC
If they're the two that are left on my board, I'd take Skille. Bourret wouldn't be a bad consolation prize since he sounds kind of like Matt Cooke with a better scoring touch.

I'm also hoping Staal will still be available, thus giving the Canucks more options.

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
gameface said:
If they're the two that are left on my board, I'd take Skille. Bourret wouldn't be a bad consolation prize since he sounds kind of like Matt Cooke with a better scoring touch.

I'm also hoping Staal will still be available, thus giving the Canucks more options.
Staal is the next best option, but I think the Canucks really need an offensive forward who can score more than a defenseman.
Also, just to add to the discussion, what kind of defenseman is Staal? Similar to Jack Johnson?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Vman said:
Staal is the next best option, but I think the Canucks really need an offensive forward who can score more than a defenseman.
Also, just to add to the discussion, what kind of defenseman is Staal? Similar to Jack Johnson?

They don't share alot of similarities IMO. Staal is the kind of guy that will play 15 years on your blueline and rarely make a mistake, but not stand out all that much (especially offensively). Johnson is more dynamic, and a much more punishing style of defenseman. Both styles have considerable value.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Rabid Ranger said:
They don't share alot of similarities IMO. Staal is the kind of guy that will play 15 years on your blueline and rarely make a mistake, but not stand out all that much (especially offensively). Johnson is more dynamic, and a much more punishing style of defenseman. Both styles have considerable value.

Johnson reminds me of Rob Blake...Staal reminds me of Keith Carney.

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
rtafts said:
Skille won't drop past Chicago.

Very bold prediction.

I mean, with every draft, players fall from their expected draft positions. Think of Shremp and Tukonen last year. Chicago's going 7th, and with Crosby/Brule/Johnsson/Pouliot/Kopitar/Ryan rounding up a "top 6", I highly doubt Skille is the consensus "next in line".

We still have O'Marra, Staal, Price in the same group as Skille.

rtafts

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Brule said:
Very bold prediction.

I mean, with every draft, players fall from their expected draft positions. Think of Shremp and Tukonen last year. Chicago's going 7th, and with Crosby/Brule/Johnsson/Pouliot/Kopitar/Ryan rounding up a "top 6", I highly doubt Skille is the consensus "next in line".

We still have O'Marra, Staal, Price in the same group as Skille.
Well, you could say any pick prediction is a bold prediction. They are all just guesses.

:dunno:

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
It just all depends on Ottawa, imo. If they want to take Price or another player, then I feel Skille is ours. I don't see Chicago taking him. I would not be upset if we took Price, we already have a ton of goalies but I saw him play a few times, and hes gonna be a good one.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
jtuzzi21 said:
It just all depends on Ottawa, imo. If they want to take Price or another player, then I feel Skille is ours. I don't see Chicago taking him. I would not be upset if we took Price, we already have a ton of goalies but I saw him play a few times, and hes gonna be a good one.

"Most ready player"

Sounds like O'Marra, or Bourret for Ottawa.

dunwoody_joe

Mar 16, 2002
atlanta
Visit site
jin said:
I think Atlanta will, Zagrapan would be a good fit between Heater and Kovalchuk. Atleast on the powerplay.

I don't see Atlanta taking Zagrapan.

I think Chicago takes Skille, then Atlanta takes O'Marra. Can't see Skille dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad