Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Jets | 5-0 (Miller, Hoglander, Pettersson, Di Giuseppe, Suter) | Shot Down in Flames

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
#fakenews.

I'm sure that Rick Bowness would disagree with you..A clunker for the Jets, from start to finish.
Why are so many in denial? Why the need to defend a good game? Why is the truth so hard to see? Look at the game again, there are stretches when Winnipeg spent minutes in the Canucks zone. True to no good end result but still they hemmed in the Canucks quite a few times.
Why the denial?
The team won.
They got a shut out.
Demko/DeSmith played great why take that away from them?
Why ignore areas that might need help for future games?
Why stop trying to be better?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Why are so many in denial? Why the need to defend a good game? Why is the truth so hard to see? Look at the game again, there are stretches when Winnipeg spent minutes in the Canucks zone. True to no good end result but still they hemmed in the Canucks quite a few times.
Why the denial?
The team won.
They got a shut out.
Demko/DeSmith played great why take that away from them?
Why ignore areas that might need help for future games?
Why stop trying to be better?

There are stretches in literally every game for every two teams whether it's Colorado vs. San Jose or whatever when the 'bad' team has momentum and gets some chances.

Fans have this magical idea of a '60 minute game' where scoring chances are like 15-1 or something and it simply doesn't exist. There is a lot of parity and the other team is always going to have good moments.

We absolutely wrecked Winnipeg yesterday. That was about as one-sided a game as you'll see.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
There are stretches in literally every game for every two teams whether it's Colorado vs. San Jose or whatever when the 'bad' team has momentum and gets some chances.

Fans have this magical idea of a '60 minute game' where scoring chances are like 15-1 or something and it simply doesn't exist. There is a lot of parity and the other team is always going to have good moments.

We absolutely wrecked Winnipeg yesterday. That was about as one-sided a game as you'll see.
Agreed. And yet there were still areas that should be taken as a big concern. The way that one line was able to press the Canucks in their own zone for so long or to change the momenteum of the game. If the rest of the Peg had been close to up to par that would have or could have changed the outcome or momentum. If Demko or DeSmith hadn't played those few great shots as good as THEY did.

I think Vancouver won the game. Winnipeg looked flat and tired after playing the night before.

Hughes playing 2 minutes shifts is not "dominating" it is worthy of learning why he was on the ice for over 2 minutes and preventing that

Reactions: Indiana

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
No there were not areas
Agreed. And yet there were still areas that should be taken as a big concern. The way that one line was able to press the Canucks in their own zone for so long or to change the momenteum of the game. If the rest of the Peg had been close to up to par that would have or could have changed the outcome or momentum. If Demko or DeSmith hadn't played those few great shots as good as THEY did.

I think Vancouver won the game. Winnipeg looked flat and tired after playing the night before.

Hughes playing 2 minutes shifts is not "dominating" it is worthy of learning why he was on the ice for over 2 minutes and preventing that
They kicked the living shit out of the Jets. I think you just be trolling at this point. You can’t be this daft.

• Haha
Reactions: theguardianII

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver

LOL, what are your posts like after a loss?

potatowejj

Oct 22, 2019

Johnny, is that you?

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Should be a nice couple weeks. Lots of practice, continually catching tired teams. Nice change of fortune from february.

Stay healthy and hopefully close out the division race.
once they get a lead, tocchet should or is gonna rest petey miller boeser down the stretch limiting to 13-14mins a game instead of the usual 19-20mins. give those mins to lindholm/blueger line also i think friedman should play a few more games down the stretch for ian cole. so by the time playoffs roll around, next man up mentality in case of injuries/illness.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Great performance, was nice to get the Oilers treatment and play a tired team, the Jets looked gassed in this game and the Canucks took full advantage as a top team should.

Really hope the Demko injury is minor and they play is super cautious with him, I'm fine with giving DeSmith the next start even if Demko says he feels fine by then.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
No there were not areas

They kicked the living shit out of the Jets. I think you just be trolling at this point. You can’t be this daft.
Only in that I allowed you to troll me.

Hellebyck had a bad day, Jets played from behind all game.

In your tiny world they didn't get a shot.
Demko and DeSmith were irrelevant
The score should have been 60 to nothing
And Demko left the game because he felt sorry for the Jets.

Pointing out how to be better is daft? I have never really experienced people who think being stupid or refusing to try to be better is good before.

Do you vote for that guy in the states too?
Global warming is a conspiracy?
Covid was a government ruse to infect people?
Covid wasn't real either?

Just how do you really think the Jets got 22 shots on goals? Or is that fake news as sell?

Reactions: Indiana

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

This gives me hope that this isn’t a longterm issue for Demko but I’m high on copium. Seems like more of a precautionary thing on Demko’s end.

With the schedule coming up, Demko could take a week or two off.

potatowejj

Oct 22, 2019
Only in that I allowed you to troll me.

Hellebyck had a bad day, Jets played from behind all game.

In your tiny world they didn't get a shot.
Demko and DeSmith were irrelevant
The score should have been 60 to nothing
And Demko left the game because he felt sorry for the Jets.

Pointing out how to be better is daft? I have never really experienced people who think being stupid or refusing to try to be better is good before.

Do you vote for that guy in the states too?
Global warming is a conspiracy?
Covid was a government ruse to infect people?
Covid wasn't real either?

Just how do you really think the Jets got 22 shots on goals? Or is that fake news as sell?

The Canucks had 21 shots in the 1st period alone.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Average shots per game is 30.5, the Jets average 30.8. Canucks average 29.3 shots against.

22 shots isnt a high amount in ANY world. A better question would be how did the Canucks limit such a good team to ONLY 22?

Not even going to mention that because of score effects, the team behind usually averages more shots than their average, so we undoubtedly limited them by more than 10 shots overall.

If the Jets played such a solid game and had dominant periods as you say...why were they limited to just over half as many scoring chances as they normally get per game?

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
The guardian got obliterated. At this point it’s clearly a troll job. Makes me wonder if he actually likes the team though. 98% of his posts are negative. And this one year window shit is a joke.

• Haha

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Fr tho, we're second in the entire league, just mopped the floor with arguably the best defensive team in the league, and we're arguing about them getting some shots on net. Come on guys hahahahahaha.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
It's time to put down the controller for EANHL and watch a real hockey game.
Come on now, even without looking Im confident that the jets fans think it was an ass whooping.

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
It's pretty ridiculous that the NHL didn't. As others have said, there was no change of possession.

Lots of sh*t aibn't right now a days yall and it's one thing..... betting. You can bet you gets a point or doesn't. Who gets an assist or now, shots a game or per period. All highly controlled by league now, $$$$$ .. the spice must flow.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00