Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Flames - 4-1 (Myers, Hoglander, Joshua, Miller) | King in the North!

lawrence

May 19, 2012
offfff course, the Calgary Flame no name has to show his toughness when we have Petey, Garland, Hronek and Hughes out there. Props for Garland for protecting his star players though. 5'8 Connor garland going after that other clown.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
hoglander was a pest. hes gonna be a handful for somebody in the playoffs our own brad marchand without the dirty antics. could we rest myers/hughes/hronek and some fowards. put in juuelsson/friedman in. doesnt matter if they win the game or not. rest and recovery is more important.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
A just reward and result for a team that even with a dip post-all-star break, was still one of the most consistent teams in the entire NHL.

Tocchet now an automatic for the Adams; and Hughes almost as virtually a lock for the Norris. Would be the first time in franchise history with the best coach and the best d-man in the same season.

Now comes the great unknown. Do the Canucks have another level to reach in the Cup playoffs? They'll have to find it to go very far.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Posted this in the Lindholm thread but I really want to run a shutdown 3rd line of Mikheyev - Lindholm - Lafferty. Would free up Miller and Petey against easier matchups

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Posted this in the Lindholm thread but I really want to run a shutdown 3rd line of Mikheyev - Lindholm - Lafferty. Would free up Miller and Petey against easier matchups

I can see the thinking there, but Lindholm really needs to be centering some "play driving wingers" to get the most out of him. And at this point...that's probably just Garland. And he's got magic chemistry with Joshua where the two just have perfectly fit complementary games for one another.

So it's either this...or we go back to Bluegers centering those two and try Lindholm with Pettersson again. Which i wouldn't be opposed to, but it's still a big leap when it didn't really work initially. But it honestly feels like we might be at the point where Lindholm has found his two-way game at Center in this system for sure...put him in the middle of Pettersson and probably Hoggy at this point. See if it can work now that Lindholm is more settled in.

Or just leave it alone for now.

Reactions: Lindgren

Pennask

Jul 28, 2020
On a lake
I'm thinking if Dallas loses against the blues, RT will dress the regular line up but if Dallas wins, there will be rested players.

I can't see them surrendering the WC if it's up for grabs...

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
please dallas get a pt so we can win the last game
I don't get why people are so worried we might face the kings. Two of the three losses were without Demko and if we're so worried about the kings or any team besides Nashville than what's the point of it? The goal is to win more than one round and getting 1st means all 3 rounds in the west a game 7 is at home as well as games 1 and 2.

Even Vegas, they are both beneath us and it's time we take the mantra that teams should be weary of us and not the other way around.

What a season! Winning the Pacific Division is a nice touch and it’s crazy that we did it before the Oilers have.

I’d rather Dallas win tomorrow so we don’t have to play LA.

Even though LA is the weakest team in the West and every other team besides us will most likely beat them.
You actually think us with Demko not CDS would lose in 7 games to the kings and Cam Talbot? Not gonna happen.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
The Pettersson line is really the problem, the three other units are generally good. Obviously prefer to have better winger for Miller-Boeser than Suter, but he's competent. The "third line" and the fourth line with Podz-Blueger-Lafferty have looked good recently.

I'm not particularly interested any longer in breaking up other good units just to try to help Pettersson. Could try PDG back with Miller-Boeser and swap Suter down to the Pettersson line I guess, or Podz.

Reactions: Jay26

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I don't get why people are so worried we might face the kings. Two of the three losses were without Demko and if we're so worried about the kings or any team besides Nashville than what's the point of it? The goal is to win more than one round and getting 1st means all 3 rounds in the west a game 7 is at home as well as games 1 and 2.

Even Vegas, they are both beneath us and it's time we take the mantra that teams should be weary of us and not the other way around.

i just don’t want to watch LA

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
I think at this point you roll with:

Mikheyev-Pettersson-Hoglander
Suter-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Lindholm-Garland
Podkolzin-Blueger-Lafferty

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Zadorov-Cole

Demko
DeSmith

Until you lose a few games or start to look bad. Time for tinkering with lines is over and you need to stick with something and build chemistry.

Reactions: sandwichbird2023

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
hoglander was a pest. hes gonna be a handful for somebody in the playoffs our own brad marchand without the dirty antics. could we rest myers/hughes/hronek and some fowards. put in juuelsson/friedman in. doesnt matter if they win the game or not. rest and recovery is more important.
Yeah, Hughes and EP and anyone with any kind of lingering injury should be firmly stapled to the press box for game 82. Demko unfortunately has to play to get ready, but otherwise send in the reserves.

If were being honest, which I hope were not, the biggest thanks should be to the players lol, and maybe the green men
No. WE did this thing.

WE ARE ALL CANUCKS.

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

THIS IS WHAT WE LIVE FOR.

• Love
Reactions: M2Beezy

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Well that was not exactly easing Demko back into the game.

They need MORE hitting but that will come in the real season.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I am not a rocket scientist.

Nor am I a nuclear physicist.

I can't claim to be a mathematician.

A brain surgeon? I think naught.

It would not be too much of a stretch to call me an illiterate dyslexic who suffers from both anxiety and narcolepsy.

But even I can see that the Canucks have mathematically eliminated themselves from getting a lottery pick.

jfc, another wasted season. The cherry on top of this shit sandwich will be some maroon coming along and thinking it would be funny to trick me into believing the Canucks already traded their first round pick away.
amused. and I can claim to be a mathematician, I won a few awards for it (mind you that was several hundred years ago). but I am reasonably sure that we are not, sadly, getting a 2nd Celebrini.

Reactions: I am toxic

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
offfff course, the Calgary Flame no name has to show his toughness when we have Petey, Garland, Hronek and Hughes out there. Props for Garland for protecting his star players though. 5'8 Connor garland going after that other clown.

There was a fan cam that showed it better, but Klapka was trying pretty freaking hard to grab Hughes in that scrum. Full marks to Garland for preventing him from doing so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad