Speculation: Canucks Call Media Announcement At 1 AM for Sunday At Noon (UPD: Media availability re: Zadorov trade)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
1 AM, such an odd time to post that there will be an announcement.

They have cap space, roster spots and Hoglander was benched half way through the third period.

Definitely not something planned and something waiting on NHL staff to process in the morning.

Won't be Bear, he hasn't declared himself ready yet and even it is they could wait to call for a scrum. Ditto with EP if signing an extension.

It must be something out of left field that was accepted or offered last night, maybe during the game.

Irwin sent down earlier.

I predicted another deal soon but this is a surprise.

So I looked at teams in cap and playing trouble, Tampa stands out and Cernak was in the rumour mill a year ago.

Cap space fits

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last night I figured it’s Bear but after getting some sleep, I think it’s just about the Zadorov trade.

A Pettersson extension would be a press conference and this is just a media scrum before a practice. Management wasn’t available to media after this trade but was a day earlier for the Beauvillier trade. This information got out because of the CanucksPR Twitter account which is an official team account. I’m not sure if it’s actually meant just for the media but I assume they get the info beforehand and it’s mostly so the public has a bit of an idea about the team’s off days.

There’s a chance it’s Bear. I’ve been speculating that they want to sign him before their First Nations Celebration Night (Tuesday) and they sent down Irwin before yesterday’s game for no real reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad