Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4, Stars 3: Hansen successfully escapes from prison, falls over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
Was anyone else irritated that Roussel had his visor on and his chin strap done up snug in his fight with Kassian? Considering he was the one who went after Kass...

ruiner

Feb 20, 2013
Was anyone else irritated that Roussel had his visor on and his chin strap done up snug in his fight with Kassian? Considering he was the one who went after Kass...

I thought that was supposed to be a penalty now??

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
JS and Raymond are playing great hockey together. Booth is also fitting in on that line. They were downright dominant today, I would say. Got rewarded with the lucky bounce on the Bieksa goal but could've had a few others.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
JS and Raymond are playing great hockey together. Booth is also fitting in on that line. They were downright dominant today, I would say. Got rewarded with the lucky bounce on the Bieksa goal but could've had a few others.

I mentioned this earlier schroeders passing is really excellent, if we had a good 3rd line center I would move kesler to the wing and put schroeder down the middle on keslers line.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

He payed for it when his jersey went over his head and Kassian just unloaded on him. Garrison hurt him with his bomb later on too. Deserves every bit of that punishment, as I absolutely hate when players fight with a visor, especially when the other player they're fighting doesn't. Cowardly, IMO.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I mentioned this earlier schroeders passing is really excellent, if we had a good 3rd line center I would move kesler to the wing and put schroeder down the middle on keslers line.

Wouldn't surprise me if that's what they do next year or at some point in the future when Gaunce makes the team or if we acquire a 3C in the Luongo trade.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
Well higgins is not really either by that definition, and alot of people would say raymond and booth are not either. So unless we want to discuss how we need a top 6 winger (which we do) lets deal with what we have.

Hansen will help that line because its been struggling defensively and in corners getting to pucks, and passing to an open player, hansen excells at that.

What do you mean unless were referring to schroeder? I was refering to kesler, higgins, line, lets not argue over whats 2nd and whats the third line.

raymond can be a 25 goal 50p winger. Those are top 6 numbers and far better than Hansen.

I think people either need to realize that a top 6 player really is a guy like raymond (assuming he can keep up his recent form). Either that or just say what you really want (i.e. another 25-30G 70P winger or whatever).

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Av looked mad at that last PP! He always preaches process, so I wonder if he wanted them using that time to hone the PP instead?

I don't really disagree, but I was happy to see the game closed out without any stress.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
raymond can be a 25 goal 50p winger. Those are top 6 numbers and far better than Hansen.

I think people either need to realize that a top 6 player really is a guy like raymond (assuming he can keep up his recent form). Either that or just say what you really want (i.e. another 25-30G 70P winger or whatever).

I did say that and have for awhile, I feel our biggest hole is another top 6 winger.... but its simply a wish.

Many of us feel raymond just does not work with kesler, more so due to keslers style. Several posters said after the hawks game get raymond back off keslers line and I agree, and tonight he looked much better with JS.

Raymond can be a 25 goal scorer, and hes playing well, but he has one season with 25 goals.

I think hansens style compliments working with kesler much better and thats all I said, I think hansen will help keslers line.....

Raymonds looking very good with schroeder.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I did say that and have for awhile, I feel our biggest hole is another top 6 winger.... but its simply a wish.

Many of us feel raymond just does not work with kesler, more so due to keslers style. Several posters said after the hawks game get raymond back off keslers line and I agree, and tonight he looked much better with JS.

Raymond can be a 25 goal scorer, and hes playing well, but he has one season with 25 goals.

I think hansens style compliments working with kesler much better and thats all I said, I think hansen will help keslers line.....

Raymonds looking very good with schroeder.

I would give Booth some more time before declaring that he isnt a top 6er, he was starting to look really good before his injury last year.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I would give Booth some more time before declaring that he isnt a top 6er, he was starting to look really good before his injury last year.

I do, and I do like booth have defended him on here alot, I just dont think raymond-kesler-booth line works.

More a style complimenting issue then anything, I would like a play maker on that line.

Either acquire a 3rd line center and move schroeder down the middle between kesler, and booth, or trade for another top 6 play making winger, which is a wish.

I mentioned booth simply because the poster was saying hansen was not top 6, many posters on here alone would take hansen over booth or raymond, not everyone treats booth fairly or raymond, but its the situation and opinions some have of him.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
It just hit me that the Sedin line scored on a 2 on 1.

That makes me happier than it probably should. :p

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
Bieksa's comment from the post season was the best "it's like he was playing with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth".

Tanev has got to be one of the biggest steals in the NHL.

I was going to say I thought that it was Smyl who handled the NCAA scouting then it clicked that Tanev played with Sam when they were kids. Totally forgot about that.

yoss

May 25, 2011
I thought Garrison had a strong all around game tonight even aside from his goal. Higgins is looking like last year again and is probably the forward i trust the most not to make a bonehead mistake, makes the smart defensive plays consistently. Loving Burr lately too, he is morphing into the 3rd Sedin out there, beauty return feed to Hank on that 2 on 1.

Good to get the W in regulation.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
It just hit me that the Sedin line scored on a 2 on 1.

That makes me happier than it probably should. :p

They score more often than not on a odd man rush, no? I love when they score off the rush. The fact that Henrik didn't try and pass it back is quite amazing.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
He definitely has some great vision, but also does – as can be expected – some rookie mistakes. Like his giveaway in the high slot last game, or his pass out of the O-zone in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad