Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4, Canes 3 (OT) Pt. II - Peen and red pepper dip are the REAL MVPs tonight

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
I love it! Awesome game! Exciting and fun to watch, even when we were down 3-0. Score should have been 10-3 canucks. We had more chances than any other game I can recall in history. Many players are proving people wrong (Dorsett, Granlund, Sbisa).

Doubters/non-believers would be well advised to hop on board the Willie train or else you will be sorry! I was pro-tank last year but this year I see the light. This is a different and more motivated team and most importantly HEALTHY. Look at Sutter, we missed him all last year, and look what he brings to the team.

Canucks haven't missed the playoffs 2 years in a row since the Sedins tenure here and they won't start now.

St Louis up next, get ready to be 3-1 (st louis)!!!

everything-is-awesome.jpg

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Yikes, ugly play by JV. Deserves a few games for sure

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Legitimately surprised that the Canucks were able to claw their way back after 40 minutes of garbage.

Happy that the Canes remain winless in Vancouver.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Game showed why Lack just isn't a prime time starter in the NHL. Slow, awkard, often out of position and easy to rattle.

Great games for Sutter, Granlund Hutton and Hansen.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Sedin Sedin Eriksson

- Line was tightly checked, lots of pucks in feet resulting into loss of possession. Brought some more into the third but I'll say let's give them more games to get going.

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

- didn't like Jake's game tonight, felt like he was holding them back. In all honesty I don't think Jake should be playing right now, he should be working on his craft in the ahl. He has the physical tools to assert himself on the ice yet he's just a passenger shift by shift.

Granlund Sutter Hansen

- slow start but really picked up their play. Once Hansen simplified his game and went back to old honey badger mode the line took off. Hopefully we see Rodin slot in Hansen's spot once he returns and move Hansen with BoBae.

Burrows Gaunce Dorset

- devils on the boards tonight. What Gaunce lacks in footspeed and agility he makes up for it with his stick work. Dorsett if he plays like this he deserves his spot on the fourth line. Just a ball of energy and it wasn't just skating around with his head cut off. Finished his checks , pinned his man and received pucks well.

Watching alot of other teams in our division and to be honest, other than the Sharks the rest of the pack is not looking good. The west is gonna be central dominate again this season IMO, so if the Nooks' stay healthy- we might just sneek right in.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
While the Canucks deserved to win (they were clearly the better team all game long), it was an awesome surprise to see us come back from that deep a hole. Amazing how all the other lines contributed once Willie dropped his bizarre mixtures...

If Virtanen gets a hearing for his head smack after Bouma got nothing for his late hit last game, it'll be tough to swallow. Which of course means it will happen.

I swear Burrows tipped the tying goal, but great shot by Hutton either way. All the goals tonight we pretty nice to watch - what a shot by Sutter on the winner.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Ok time to hit the brakes a little.

Dorsett was his same old self tonight but he had one good pass to Hutton. He wasn't overly physical or in on the forecheck especially quickly. That's not proving people wrong.

Granlund is improved but there's a reason he was taken off Baertschi's line from last night's game. I'd say Hansen is the one driving that line, and he looked like he couldn't skate for four periods.

Sbisa is still Sbisa.

Our footspeed is terrible. Willie still can't manage a game.

I'm happy we won two games but let's be realistic about this.

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
I think Virtanen might get a hearing on the Nordstrom hit.

Yea that was dumb. Didn't catch it real time but the replay looked pretty bad.

I thought Dorsett, Hansen, Horvat, and Bae looked good tonight. Maybe not a complete game but they all had their moments. Hutton looked good tonight aside from the 3rd goal against. I really like the Granlund Sutter Hansen line too. Fun game boys!

Last edited:

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Sedin Sedin Eriksson

- Line was tightly checked, lots of pucks in feet resulting into loss of possession. Brought some more into the third but I'll say let's give them more games to get going.

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

- didn't like Jake's game tonight, felt like he was holding them back. In all honesty I don't think Jake should be playing right now, he should be working on his craft in the ahl. He has the physical tools to assert himself on the ice yet he's just a passenger shift by shift.

Granlund Sutter Hansen

- slow start but really picked up their play. Once Hansen simplified his game and went back to old honey badger mode the line took off. Hopefully we see Rodin slot in Hansen's spot once he returns and move Hansen with BoBae.

Burrows Gaunce Dorset

- devils on the boards tonight. What Gaunce lacks in footspeed and agility he makes up for it with his stick work. Dorsett if he plays like this he deserves his spot on the fourth line. Just a ball of energy and it wasn't just skating around with his head cut off. Finished his checks , pinned his man and received pucks well.

Watching alot of other teams in our division and to be honest, other than the Sharks the rest of the pack is not looking good. The west is gonna be central dominate again this season IMO, so if the Nooks' stay healthy- we might just sneek right in.

Sedins are getting up there, don't expect much of them in back to back game.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Dorsett was his same old self tonight but he had one good pass to Hutton. He wasn't overly physical or in on the forecheck especially quickly. That's not proving people wrong.

Granlund is improved but there's a reason he was taken off Baertschi's line from last night's game. I'd say Hansen is the one driving that line, and he looked like he couldn't skate for four periods.

Sbisa is still Sbisa.

I agree that this effort won't get it done against the better teams - but the Canucks were the better of the two teams on the ice for about 95% of this game.

lousy

Jul 20, 2004
Calgary

Sbisa is still Sbisa.

Hit the brakes? Lets be realistic?

The canucks were the better team most of the night, and other than the sedin line they were flying. Lot of quick passes. Plus, the sedins don't play a fast game so that isn't a problem.

Do the usual dump on sbisa if you want if you feel like keeping up the tradition of sbisa bashing, but he played a good game for a 3rd pairing dman.

Not sure how you are pulling all those negatives out of this game. Granlund included.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
While the Canucks deserved to win (they were clearly the better team all game long), it was an awesome surprise to see us come back from that deep a hole. Amazing how all the other lines contributed once Willie dropped his bizarre mixtures...

If Virtanen gets a hearing for his head smack after Bouma got nothing for his late hit last game, it'll be tough to swallow. Which of course means it will happen.

I swear Burrows tipped the tying goal, but great shot by Hutton either way. All the goals tonight we pretty nice to watch - what a shot by Sutter on the winner.

Virtanen, deserves a hearing for that hit. So did Bouma.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria

Sbisa is still Sbisa.

You've got to be joking! What game were you watching?

Everyone you mentioned minus Baertschi had a great game, your analysis is mind boggling at the very least.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I already said in a previous post that we played better than them overall and deserved to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad