Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1 @ Jets 5

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Likely won’t happen but they should split up Edler/Tanev after for the other pairings sake

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
this stretch is going to be hard on green.

maybe we should get willie to guest coach for the next 6 weeks.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
this stretch is going to be hard on green.

maybe we should get willie to guest coach for the next 6 weeks.
if Losing is hard on you...probably shouldn't have taken this job lol

Green will age quickly over the next few years because there isn't a magical unicorn that will solve all the issues with this roster. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better and I doubt Green is coaching this team when it's on the upswing again.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Well baer is out for 4-6 weeks now, which makes this team look absolutely awful...

I think we will see

Goldobin - Gagner - Boeser
Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson
Chaput - Gaunce - Virtanen
Granlund - Dowd - Vanek

That's... Not good
Baertschi is a lightning rod for injuries...more bad luck for him (he's in a contract year as well)...I believe they're putting Granny on the top line with Goldy and Boeser tonight...

Have to agree that this forward group does not reek of awesome-ness.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Baertschi is a lightning rod for injuries...more bad luck for him (he's in a contract year as well)...I believe they're putting Granny on the top line with Goldy and Boeser tonight...

Have to agree that this forward group does not reek of awesome-ness.
Canucks catching a break tonight....Big Buff is week to week with some sort of injury.....he's usually good for putting at least one Canuck on LTIR every season....but just wow!....this Canuck lineup is thinner than twiggy.....might be a close one, with the Canucks playing rope-a-dope.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Wait, what? What the hell else is Boeser supposed to do out there? "Just because he's our leading scorer and the best player on our team by a mile now with Horvat and (to a far, far lesser degree) Baertschi out doesn't mean he'll get more icetime!"

Green's channeling WD there.

I can't imagine that Green said that with a straight face....I mean who is going to get the ice time? Gaunce? Chaput? How dumb would a coach have to be to play guys who can't even score on a open net over your top goal scorer/offensive player?

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton

Need more guys who can defend a tie, like Gagner #excitinghockey

canucks-third.gif

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
OK...

first scratching Goldobin, now not recognizing our best player and Calder forerunner.

Two strikes now Green, if I was you I'd be VERY f***ing careful about what I will say about Boeser. This is the kind of stunt that got Willie fired despite having an awesome mustache. Now think about what this means for someone without a mustache like yourself.

You're doing well to make a case as Willie 2.0. Just because Benning's head is on the deck doesn't mean you get a blank check to be a total tool.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
You can do better than that tittle bro

Looks like Winnipeg is finally a good team, took them long enough
4-1 Jets
Pretenders. They suck. This will not last. Their goalie and d will let them down come playoff time if they dont choke before the playoffs begin and miss out again

Reactions: Maukkis

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
OK...

first scratching Goldobin, now not recognizing our best player and Calder forerunner.

Two strikes now Green, if I was you I'd be VERY ****ing careful about what I will say about Boeser. This is the kind of stunt that got Willie fired despite having an awesome mustache. Now think about what this means for someone without a mustache like yourself.

You're doing well to make a case as Willie 2.0. Just because Benning's head is on the deck doesn't mean you get a blank check to be a total tool.

You should open up the "Fire Travis Green" thread.

Reactions: DL44

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
You should open up the "Fire Travis Green" thread.

I'm not focusing on Green on his first year, at least that wasn't the plan. But Green has had, in my eyes, two strikes, so far. If he continues to act like Willie then yeah, his ass should be fired ASAP.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Well baer is out for 4-6 weeks now, which makes this team look absolutely awful...

I think we will see

Goldobin - Gagner - Boeser
Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson
Chaput - Gaunce - Virtanen
Granlund - Dowd - Vanek

That's... Not good
Hopefully they play the hell out of guys like Goldobin and Jake, good or bad, rather than load up the ice time for veterans.

Goldobin Gaunce Chaput Virtanen Dowd Granlund and gagner wouldn't look out of place on the AHL team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad