Speculation: Can't believe we traded D Brian Lee for a handful of magic beans

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Last year's late trade for D Matt Gilroy was worse than useless. Lee was finally growing into his skin, and was a former 1st rounder with size. I predict that Lee gets enough ice-time in Tampa with Stevie Y's team to outpoint most current Sens D (except Karlson). Also, I bet his +/- is better than Chris Phillips.

And no, my lastname is not Lee:yo:

Spire2000

Jan 22, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Lee was a spare part that was never really going to establish himself on this team. The trade was to simply dump him to make room for the younger guys. Gilroy was the best they could get and had they have waited, the return would have been even worse.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Last year's late trade for D Matt Gilroy was worse than useless. Lee was finally growing into his skin, and was a former 1st rounder with size. I predict that Lee gets enough ice-time in Tampa with Stevie Y's team to outpoint most current Sens D (except Karlson). Also, I bet his +/- is better than Chris Phillips.

And no, my lastname is not Lee:yo:

Why did we draft Karlsson? This was a risk and Murray hit the jackpot.

Why did we trade Lee away? Gilroy was a risk and Murray missed on it.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
i'm guessing there were other issues. personality? attitude?

but those beans we got in return for him were not magic.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Are.

We.

Seriously.

Doing.

Another.

Brian.

GODDAMNED.

Lee.

Thread?

zr9U0.gif

WKRYj.gif

Reactions: Variable26

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Where's the Patrick Eaves thread?
Where's the Tim Gleason thread?
Jakub Klepis?
Mathieu Chouinard?

you're right there should be threads for all these guys. and 2 for chouinard. i will get on this right now.

can't believe murray is still around:shakehead he was responsible for all these disasters right? :sarcasm:

crockpot

Oct 30, 2011
middle of nowhere
Good Lord, whining about Brian Lee being traded. He couldn't make the lineup with the Sens and you want him back? For why? So he can sit in the press box, or on the bench or play in Bingo? Big deal if he was a first round pick, he didn't pan out with the team.

I'm not saying Gilroy is any great shakes but neither was Lee. It was long past time to get rid of him. JMO.

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Good Lord, whining about Brian Lee being traded. He couldn't make the lineup with the Sens and you want him back? For why? So he can sit in the press box, or on the bench or play in Bingo? Big deal if he was a first round pick, he didn't pan out with the team.

I'm not saying Gilroy is any great shakes but neither was Lee. It was long past time to get rid of him. JMO.

Lee and Gilroy do and don't really compare to some of our prospects. Gilroy was all offence, often out of the play and weak defensively. Much like Benoit and Wiercioch
Lee was more defensive and physical like Boro. I don't know if we are farther ahead without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad