Confirmed with Link: Canes sign Goalie Yaniv Perets (Quinnipiac) to 2 year deal

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
A good prospect to have, and there will probably be a void to fill next season in the AHL with Pyotr possibly being on the Hurricanes roster full time (or close to it).

I wonder if there's any other Quinnipiac players we might get (besides maybe Skyler). I'd be thrilled if so since there's obviously talented players on that team.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
A good prospect to have, and there will probably be a void to fill next season in the AHL with Pyotr possibly being on the Hurricanes roster full time (or close to it).

I wonder if there's any other Quinnipiac players we might get (besides maybe Skyler). I'd be thrilled if so since there's obviously talented players on that team.
I gotta think that having a Jack Adams / Stanley Cup / multiple Selke winner around your team on the regular doesn't exactly hurt recruiting chances.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
So Perets is 23 for his ELC signing age and thusly will sign a two year ELC.

For some reason I'm currently completely incompetent to find out whether Canes is allowed to assign him as the backup goalie in a playoffs games and have him burn the first year off his ELC. He wasn't on the Canes reserve list on the trade deadline, so instincts say probably not. But.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
So Perets is 23 for his ELC signing age and thusly will sign a two year ELC.

For some reason I'm currently completely incompetent to find out whether Canes is allowed to assign him as the backup goalie in a playoffs games and have him burn the first year off his ELC. He wasn't on the Canes reserve list on the trade deadline, so instincts say probably not. But.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad