Confirmed with Link: Canes Sign Domenick Fensore - 2 YR ELC

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Press release says he's 5'9" now like the BU site does, wonder if that's actually true.

Either way, this is good. I think Fensore has a chance to actually make it due to his skating.

Edit - it’ll be real interesting to see how the 2019 draft class plays out. Kochetkov is likely a full time NHL’r next season, Rees “should” get a look, Honka and Tieksola have taken steps this year too, they used Puistola to land Puljujarvi and the jury is still out on Suzuki. I think they’ll come out of that draft with at least 3 NHL players (my $$$ is on Kochetkov, Rees and Honka).

Last edited:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The deal will begin in the 2023-24 season and will pay Fensore $832,500 at the NHL level and $70,000 at the American Hockey League (AHL) level for both seasons, and he will receive a signing bonus of $185,000.
A somewhat rare Canes prospect contract which straightforwardly pays the max allowed $925k per, of which the max allowed $92.5k per is paid as signing bonus, with no games played bonus (nor performance bonus) on the contract.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
It's not three year ELC. He will turn 22 on Sept 7 and have 22 as his ELC signing age which equals to a two year ELC.

And, the contract starts next season, he won't play in the playoffs this season, if that is what is meant by black ace.

I just find it interesting they’re possibly bringing him as a black ace to be around the team. Although, with the impending breakup with the Wolves, maybe it makes more sense then him just getting a game or 2 on an ATO.

Also, I think it’s interesting that he had evidently been considered by USA hockey already for the WC team.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I just find it interesting they’re possibly bringing him as a black ace to be around the team. Although, with the impending breakup with the Wolves, maybe it makes more sense then him just getting a game or 2 on an ATO.

Also, I think it’s interesting that he had evidently been considered by USA hockey already for the WC team.
That sounds sensible, though I'm not sure whether and to what extent D-Fens can join the team and for example practice with them, if he's not under a NHL SPC (until July 1).

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site

He’s USA hockey alum. They have good relationships with those guys and often fill the team out with guys like him. They know their former players better than they know anyone else, and they know he can skate which is a huge part of the WC’s.

I think they build the base of the team as best they can (often with players like this) and then if NHL guys sign up as they’re eliminated they adjust as they go.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
1681574215802.png

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
If he is truly 5’9” 170 lbs then he is essentially equivalent size wise to Sam Gerard of the Avs (who skates like the wind too) who had 37 pts this year.

I haven’t watched gerard much this year but what I saw of him I liked (he is -10 this year though).

Btw: I’d have Ghost teach him that superb hip check of his.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad