Confirmed Signing with Link: Canes sign Bean, Gauthier to ELCs

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Contracts like these are why we are gonna have another lockout.

NHL-standard ELCs are why we're going to have another lockout? :shakehead

You sure it's not the inability of NHL GMs to stop themselves from giving marginal NHLers like David Clarkson ridiculous high-price-tag long-term contracts after one good-but-not-spectacular season?

There's a reason I refer to the NHL FA period as "silly season." It's because seemingly the only way to win in FA is to not compete for the top talent and just try to find diamonds in the rough late in FA willing to sign cheap just to have an NHL contract for next season.

There's a lottery slogan here in CT that goes "You can't win if you don't play." NHL free-agency seems to work in reverse...you can't lose if you don't play.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

I like the Canes 3 round pick Elyniuk out of the WHL. 6'5 Centre with NHL father bloodlines. I think he is going to have a great draft +1 year in junior and you will be talking about him a lot !!!
:popcorn:

Yeah he was one of the standouts at training camp to me. Has a really impressive skillset, very strong skating and hands for someone his size. He didn't show much in the scrimmage today but I'm expecting him to keep developing his tools this year and produce pretty well in the WHL if what he was able to show this week holds up.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Hanafin Faulk
Bean Mckeowan
Fleury Pesce
Slavin

God thats a great future group on paper.

If Slavin is in fact at any point the 7th d-man it will be easily the great collection of d-men in NHL history (he's first pair right now).

Elynuik's pops was UNSTOPPABLE on Sega Genesis back in the day.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
NHL-standard ELCs are why we're going to have another lockout? :shakehead

You sure it's not the inability of NHL GMs to stop themselves from giving marginal NHLers like David Clarkson ridiculous high-price-tag long-term contracts after one good-but-not-spectacular season?
It's actually neither (and the first part is quite clearly a joke)

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Hannafin-Faulk
Slavin-Bean
Fleury-Mckeown

Nasty

Maybe its just me, but I felt at the time like Francis took the BPA in the draft when he drafted Bean. However, I would be surprised if he has a long future in the Canes starting lineup. Just feels like a trade candidate for me. Obviously I could be totally wrong, but just what my enormous guy is telling me.

Either way, I hope he turns out great wherever he is.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Maybe its just me, but I felt at the time like Francis took the BPA in the draft when he drafted Bean. However, I would be surprised if he has a long future in the Canes starting lineup. Just feels like a trade candidate for me. Obviously I could be totally wrong, but just what my enormous guy is telling me.

Either way, I hope he turns out great wherever he is.

I'm not so sure. Bean might "potentially" be the most offensively gifted of the group so depending on the make-up of the team, someone else may be traded long term. I like what he brings to the table in that regard.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I'm not so sure. Bean might "potentially" be the most offensively gifted of the group so depending on the make-up of the team, someone else may be traded long term. I like what he brings to the table in that regard.

I agree with you regarding the offensive talent....though I think we have a pretty good mix of that already. Now, if he somehow miraculously turned into Karlsson lite, I'd love it to be here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad