Confirmed Signing with Link: Canes sign Bean, Gauthier to ELCs

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Great 1st round for the Canes! We all know Bean's talent, but I think Gauthier could be the steal of the first round.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Man Bean added to the Canes young defence already in place. They got some serious Nashville like depth on the back end.
Canes had a good draft IMHO, they got good talent and really not any big reach in the 1st round.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Seems like a lot of term for guys who've never even managed to crack the NHL

They are normal ELC contracts, if worse come to worse it has a 2 way clause they can just send them to the AHL. Personally I am surprised these ELC contracts aren't signed faster myself, is their really any negotiating to do with alot of the top end guys?

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
Hanafin Faulk
Bean Mckeowan
Fleury Pesce
Slavin

God thats a great future group on paper.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - X___ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
They are normal ELC contracts, if worse come to worse it has a 2 way clause they can just send them to the AHL. Personally I am surprised these ELC contracts aren't signed faster myself, is their really any negotiating to do with alot of the top end guys?

um can you even sign them to less? lol is this a joke?

Its a joke :laugh:

Its gonna be a long offseason.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Hanafin Faulk
Bean Mckeowan
Fleury Pesce
Slavin

Even better when you realize Slavin is closer to a #1 than a #7. I think Slavin will end up being the best of the entire group. He will likely start the year on the 1st pairing next to Faulk, same setup as they ended last year.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Bean-Gauthier was quite the haul for Carolina in the 1st!

The Faulker

Dec 1, 2013
Gauthier has looked great at the prospect camp. He will definitely be close to a roster spot this year.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Hanafin Faulk
Bean Mckeowan
Fleury Pesce
Slavin

That's also not including Ryan Murphy, who still may yet put his game together, and AHL All Star Trevor Carrick who's also on the cusp of being NHL ready.

danvincent78

Nov 15, 2014
Raleigh, NC
Very cool that the Canes signed the 2 1st round picks in front of the crowd at Summerfest (last Day of the prospects camp). Same as they did with Hanifin last year.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Wise to sign Gauthier even if he doesn't play an NHL game this season. He's a late birthday, so signing him now allows his contract to slide twice. Whereas if signed next year he couldn't slide at all.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Wise to sign Gauthier even if he doesn't play an NHL game this season. He's a late birthday, so signing him now allows his contract to slide twice. Whereas if signed next year he couldn't slide at all.

Didn't realize this part re: the sliding contracts. Very smart by Francis then, as i guarantee that'll be used at least once.

And IIRC players in junior do not count against the 50 contract list, though that may have changed.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Even better when you realize Slavin is closer to a #1 than a #7. I think Slavin will end up being the best of the entire group. He will likely start the year on the 1st pairing next to Faulk, same setup as they ended last year.

Yup. And when Faulk was out, he was our #1 D, logging nearly 30 minutes in some games (hey rookie, welcome to the NHL). And he didn't look at all out of place in that role. The Canes young D is an embarrassment of riches at the moment.

That's also not including Ryan Murphy, who still may yet put his game together, and AHL All Star Trevor Carrick who's also on the cusp of being NHL ready.

If anyone wants Ryan Murphy at this point, they can have him. Maybe he needs a change of scene, maybe he's a bust, but I don't think he's going to have any NHL future with the Canes at this point. Too many other D prospects have leapfrogged him in development. Add Bean to the mix, who's a similar player but better, and yeah, he's lost any real chance.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Bean-Gauthier was quite the haul for Carolina in the 1st!

I like the Canes 3 round pick Elyniuk out of the WHL. 6'5 Centre with NHL father bloodlines. I think he is going to have a great draft +1 year in junior and you will be talking about him a lot !!!
:popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad