Post-Game Talk: Canes @ Philly - Special teams is bad in a special way. 5-3 loss

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
The thing that pisses me off the most is that we let a losing team back on their feet. Leave it to the Hurricanes to end another team's losing streak.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
So, 42 shots on goal, 32 attempts blocked, 17 missed shots

91 shot attempts, 3 goals.

I think years of "get the puck on net" has caused irreversible psychological damage to most of the team. Do they even look to see where the net is or who is in front of them when they are pounding one-timers into shinpads or 20 feet wide?

Oh, but, "no shot is a bad shot", right Tripp?

I hate this team.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
I just hope we dont face the flyers in the playoffs. We don't have a good history with them.

119559d1357401033-time-year-jim_mora.jpg

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I've heard a lot about these playoffs. The winner gets to keep this big shiny trophy called the "Stanley Cup". We actually had a team that won that big thing once. Good time it was.

Amazingly, no one mistaked that big shiny trophy for a spittoon.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Canes need to **** or get off the pot.

Either be the good team everyone knows you can be or be the godawful team everyone knows you can be. None of this .500 ****.

Either make the playoffs or get a Top 2 pick.

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London
Eric Staal tied for the league with even strength points as EVERY one of his points was 5-on-5. Also tied for forwards in +/- and even strength goals while playing in less games.

So please, lets get these special teams ****ing going. If Eric disappears we're going to have no offense at all.

CanesAvs16

Jun 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
So, 42 shots on goal, 32 attempts blocked, 17 missed shots

91 shot attempts, 3 goals.

I think years of "get the puck on net" has caused irreversible psychological damage to most of the team. Do they even look to see where the net is or who is in front of them when they are pounding one-timers into shinpads or 20 feet wide?

Oh, but, "no shot is a bad shot", right Tripp?

I hate this team.

Honestly, they take way to many shots from the blue line. On one of our powerplays in the third, I think they took 4 slapshots in a row from the blue line and Bryz had a clear view to stop the puck. They had 91 attempts, but not enough good chances, and when they did have good chances, they couldn't capitalize.

Edit: Oh and when your constantly juggling the lines, nobody will develop chemistry.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
One of the problems on the PP is that the only player on the point we have is Joni (on the first one: the second I don't even expect to score).

Every team in the League will allow pot shots as long as their goaltender can see them. Every goalie in the League, from Rinne to Corey Crawford will stop a slapper from the blueline if they get a clear view.

We only have Joni out on the point, so in theory that means we have 4 men deep and allows us to crowd the box and get our chances there. But we don't have the size to make the effective. Since everyone knows Joni hates to shoot, the Flyers didn't bother to extend themselves to cover Joni. We just pass around the perimeter, and when we try to enter the box the other team converges and its out of the zone.

With only one person on the point, its basically 4 v 4 hockey with only 50 feet of ice.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I also thought the way he suddenly changed the lines was much too reactionary. And the Staal bros. (surprisingly) showed little to no chemistry at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad