101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The monks know me ...

IMG_2550.jpg

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I kind of hate Nashville now after growing up here. Such a superficial, fake, over done spectacle.

On to the game...Let's see what Hynes has done with the PP adjustment for zone entries.

I get why natives grow tired of it but........

and people have fun. It might seem cliche, stupid, and over the top to you, but when I go there I see people legit enjoying themselves (sometimes maybe too much)

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I don't have much confidence in the Preds making this a series after watching the first two games. Carolina outclasses us in almost every aspect. Once again, our top guys just aren't good enough. Hoping they can prove me wrong. Momentum and chemistry can carry a team a long way. It's not over, but the Preds have to find that momentum and chemistry tonight or it is over.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Hynes said Jarnkrok back in and Tolvanen will remain in lineup. Presumably that means Richardson back out?

Hynes also mentioned some personnel changes on the power play. I'd be willing to give Carrier and Kunin a look out there. What's the worst that could happen? Go 0/7?

Apparently Slavin will be out again tonight too.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I know it's likely not going to happen, and it might be an overreaction, but I wouldn't mind seeing Tomasino in the lineup. Our forward group needs an infusion of speed and skill in the worst way.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Hynes said Jarnkrok back in and Tolvanen will remain in lineup. Presumably that means Richardson back out?

Hynes also mentioned some personnel changes on the power play. I'd be willing to give Carrier and Kunin a look out there. What's the worst that could happen? Go 0/7?

Apparently Slavin will be out again tonight too.

Pekka QB'ing PP1 ... Gudbranson at PP1 center.

Given the goalscoring from Kunin and Jeannot across the last few weeks of the regular season, neither of them could hurt the current PP performance. Hell, stop running PP units and just continue to roll forward lines and full defensive pairings. 10 shots for, 7 against isn't much of a "man advantage"

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Sbisa back? LOL just kidding ... have we ever had an asset never actually play for us like this before? Dont talk about the V-word

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
So looking back at the Preds trades and picks, in 2008 the Preds traded down with Ottawa in the 1st round from #15 to #18 and picked up an extra 3rd round pick. The players in those picks were:
Preds - 1st round #18 - Chet Pickard, 3rd round #70 - Taylor Beck
Ottawa - 1st round #15 - Erik Karlsson

There are a few other screw up trades/picks but it is what it is.

Reactions: bdub24

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
So looking back at the Preds trades and picks, in 2008 the Preds traded down with Ottawa in the 1st round from #15 to #18 and picked up an extra 3rd round pick. The players in those picks were:

In 2008, Chet Pickard was the #1 North American rated goalie. He didn't pan out. It happens.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

Except we used a 2nd round pick in that same draft to draft a guy named Josi, who I suspect we dont draft if we had drafted Karlsson. So on the whole I'd say we came out ahead. At least Josi deserved his Norris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad