Friedman: Canes likely moving on from Necas.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Conroy will be heavily involved here. I think he’d be a perfect fit for Huberdeau. I don’t know if it will go anywhere but there will be a significant push.
Was going to say. The Flames have been high on Necas for a while. They'll be pushing. Hopefully they don't trade #9, but maybe a deal starting with the Canucks first and adding.

The flames have also been looking for a puck carrying centre for the last thirty years or so. Man is the timing bad though, the flames should be going into a rebuild.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
What’s with the obsession with Dundon? He’s spent to cap consistently since the 19-20 season. If Necas goes, it’s a hockey decision only.
nothing in comparison to foley and vinik who consistently spend above tve cap.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Looking at comparables on Carolina, I'm guessing he would want something similar to Svechnikov's 8y, $7.75M. Especially since a long-term deal would buy out more UFA years than it did for Svechnikov at 20 and the cap is only going up.

If Carolina has to choose how to allocate cap among Guentzel, Jarvis, and Necas, Necas could be the odd man out.

But he also should be able to return something Carolina would need this offseason (2C, top 4 RD) with more team control.

If the offer is picks & prospects, Carolina would be better served taking Necas to arbitration.
There is no universe where Necas return a 2C or top 4 RHD unless thst player is in its early 30’s

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
1 year of Ehlers for Necas makes
zero sense for the Canes.

Ehlers makes some sense for them if they strike out with Guentzel, but I’d be shocked if they traded their biggest trade chip for a ufa to be.

He can re-sign aftet July 1st, and with the Jets under-utilizing him he won't cost a lot :laugh:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
A tangential point to those interested, Necas is joining the Czech team at the IIHF Worlds and is expected to play against UK today.

The tournament is in Czech Republic, so that's obviously a factor, but a player without contract for the next season being willing to take the risk of an injury may be telling that he's looking to showcase himself a bit for prospective employers.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
What would a deal with the Flyers look like? They would have interest I would believe. A cost controlled Travis Sanheim?

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Pass. Having seen him play a lot, I know exactly why Sabres fans are keen to move Jokiharju and have no idea why any Canes fan wants him.
Cheap depth. +14 on a bad BUF team, RD and still only 24 yrs old. Seems like the sort of player the Canes FO may see some value in.

I’d only be be interested in taking on Jokiharju if he came attached to a significant asset, like 11oa.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Pass again.

Canes should aim higher
What are the canes main needs? Pv has been open about wanting a rh shot forward…. Necas seems like an ideal target.

Maybe dostal/gudas can recruit him at worlds… canes are a tough one because they have a good roster + exciting prospects coming up…. I don’t know that they really have glaring holes

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
I still think a deal around Ehlers could make sense for both sides.

The Ducks said they are looking for a right handed top 6 winger, so I can definitely see them having interest. My personal offer would be EDM 1st (likely pick #24) + LaCombe. The Ducks will not be the best trading parter for CAR if the Canes are looking for an immediate big NHL impact in the return, but LaCombe is a young LHD with second pair upside. And they can always flip the 1st if they want.
Not enough.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Nope, not for just 1yr of Buchnevich

Kevin Fiala return says hello
While Faber has turned out great, I think most didn’t think the return at the time was all that high. I and others had Faber pegged a a #4 D-man. I’d take Farabee over that probably. But hey I’ll give you frost and 25 for Necas. I just think Laughton would fit better and actually be more valuable to the canes especially considering their style

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad