Pre-Game Talk: Canes @ Habs 7:30 PM 2/18.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Muller said Skinner came to Sunday's practice at Raleigh Center Ice but did not feel well. He said he did not know if Skinner, who missed 16 games last season because of a concussion, had any concussion-related issues.

"We'll evaluate him when we get back Tuesday." Muller said

Everything is pointing to a concussion, but I am going to hold out hope that it's a cold or something. They haven't even evaluated him yet. The Canes are being really careful with injuries right now. It's a good time with the small lull in the schedule right now too. No reason to send our guys who are banged up on a 1 game road trip.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Not too worried about it. As long as none of these injuries are long-term, we should be alright.

SweetStormRising

Sponsor
Mar 21, 2009
Raleigh
When they showed Skinner on the bench after the hits, he said "it's my ****ing neck" as he was talking to the player next to him. So, it could be a neck issue rather than a concussion.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
If the forecheck can stay anything like it was against Toronto, even without Skinner and half our D, this team will cause problems for anyone.

Even strength, this team has been unreal. Just need to stay out of the box, which is a bit of an understatement.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
When they showed Skinner on the bench after the hits, he said "it's my ****ing neck" as he was talking to the player next to him. So, it could be a neck issue rather than a concussion.

That sounds quite plausible. Wakes up and it's really stiff, or in pain, and Canes tell him to stay home and take it easy a few days.

Not every upper body issue is a concussion, people. The cutoff really is at the waist. Upper body can mean neck, shoulder, elbow, hand, bruised ribs, crushed ribs. Lower body means knee or something pulled in the groin, occasionally something with the foot. Can we give the paranoia a rest and stop presuming that concussion is the absolute only possibility?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Looking forward to tomorrow's game between our two teams. A battle of the surprise division leaders -- feels awfully nice to say that.

Both our teams have key players out, but let's hope for a good, injury-free game.

PS: What's with all the self-deprecating jokes about your team and fans? Honestly don't know where that's coming from.

ChuckW

Keep the Hurricanes great!
May 15, 2009
Parts unknown
When is Skinner going to learn to (1) keep his head up (2) not turn into hits to try to draw calls? Both hits he took were absolutely stupid on his part. What the hell kind of hockey player has a 2-on-1 and decides to stare at the puck for five seconds before getting clocked?

Should have traded him when we had the chance. He has has improved in absolutely no area in over two years. Still diving, whining to the refs, playing garbage defense, turning the puck over trying the same move, completely ignoring his linemates, skating around with his head down.

5.75M/yr for six years. Almost bad as the Ruutu contract. It's going to be sad when Semin walks because we have almost $11M committed to two disabled persons.

Your post is ridiculous to me.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Looking forward to tomorrow's game between our two teams. A battle of the surprise division leaders -- feels awfully nice to say that.

Both our teams have key players out, but let's hope for a good, injury-free game.

PS: What's with all the self-deprecating jokes about your team and fans? Honestly don't know where that's coming from.

Apparently some posters on the Devils board called the Hurricanes a "garbage franchise", and someone on the main board called the storm sqaud, our cheerleaders, "ice *****". So we just kind of took off and ran with it.

We're kind of a sarcastic bunch here, and we're used to being crapped on by other fanbases

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
That sounds quite plausible. Wakes up and it's really stiff, or in pain, and Canes tell him to stay home and take it easy a few days.

Not every upper body issue is a concussion, people. The cutoff really is at the waist. Upper body can mean neck, shoulder, elbow, hand, bruised ribs, crushed ribs. Lower body means knee or something pulled in the groin, occasionally something with the foot. Can we give the paranoia a rest and stop presuming that concussion is the absolute only possibility?

I don't think it's paranoia, it's a plausible assumption based on the information at hand.

1) Skinner missed a lot of time due to a concussion last season.
2) He hit is head hard into the boards on two separate hits against Toronto, especially the Bozak hit.
3) Symptoms showed up a few days later.
4) Muller didn't say "he was sore", he said "he did not feel well"
5) Muller said he did not know if Skinner had any concussion-related issues, but
"We'll evaluate him when we get back Tuesday,"

Now, it very well could be something else (sore neck, flu, etc..) and it is very hard to tell anything from just a few snippets from the coach, but it's not unreasonable to be concerned that it is a concussion either.

Hopefully it isn't.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Apparently some posters on the Devils board called the Hurricanes a "garbage franchise", and someone on the main board called the storm sqaud, our cheerleaders, "ice *****". So we just kind of took off and ran with it.

We're kind of a sarcastic bunch here, and we're used to being crapped on by other fanbases

Thanks for the explanation, though I had to read your post twice because I fell asleep half way through.

Trying to get in the spirit of crapping on you...

Official Disclaimer: The above comment is intended as a joke and in no way reflects disrespect of an opposing fan base or team, even though writing this disclaimer in itself suggests that Carolina's fans are too sensitive, which of course they aren't, though I'm still writing it instead of helping my wife with the laundry, thereby pihssing off my wife and the entire state of North Carolina and ruining my chances for sex. From my wife, I mean. Though in fairness I haven't checked out the women in North Carolina.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Just finishing up the GDT.

Twitter says LaRose//Brent//Westgarth is the 4th line and 1st and 3rd lines remain unchanged. That can't be as Chad plays on the 3rd line. Who's taking Chad's spot on the 3rd? Wallace? Or will Chad play the 3rd and Wallace on 4th?

Tlusty//Eric//Semin
Nodl//Jordan//Dwyer
Bowman//Jokinen//LaRose
Wallace//Brent//Westgarth

Something like this?

Sasha Cares

28 mph!!!!!!!
Sep 25, 2006
Island of Misfit Toy
I don't think it's paranoia, it's a plausible assumption based on the information at hand.

1) Skinner missed a lot of time due to a concussion last season.
2) He hit is head hard into the boards on two separate hits against Toronto, especially the Bozak hit.
3) Symptoms showed up a few days later.
4) Muller didn't say "he was sore", he said "he did not feel well"
5) Muller said he did not know if Skinner had any concussion-related issues, but
"We'll evaluate him when we get back Tuesday,"

Now, it very well could be something else (sore neck, flu, etc..) and it is very hard to tell anything from just a few snippets from the coach, but it's not unreasonable to be concerned that it is a concussion either.

Hopefully it isn't.

Plus people fly with slight neck injuries not post concussion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad