Confirmed with Link: Canes get Niederreiter for Rask!?!?

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Fenton's post-Nino trades seem a lot more competent, especially getting Ryan Donato for a low-scoring Coyle. However, Nino is the picture-perfect example of why selling low is usually dumb (and why I was so happy this off-season that we kept Faulk rather than trade him after his off-year). Glad that Waddell of all folks was there to capitalize on a severe rookie GM mistake.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
What a stupid trade why did Waddell get rid of Victor "Plays well with Skinner" Rask?

Because Victor "One pick before Brandon Saad" Rask was terrible you idiot. And Skinner isn't here anyone either, did you just wake up from a year-long nap or something?. My God you are incredibly stupid, how the hell you function day to day w/o managing to hurt yourself is amazing.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
@HisIceness is having it out @HisIceness over their stupid opinions At some point it'll be a blood feud... I wonder when @HisIceness will have to seperate them or maybe it'll be our old mods... (Not a chance)

You know, if the dude wasn't spewing such idiotic opinions I wouldn't care. But that's all he does and no one steps in so I gotta let him know he's a dumbass.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Because Victor "One pick before Brandon Saad" Rask was terrible you idiot. And Skinner isn't here anyone either, did you just wake up from a year-long nap or something?. My God you are incredibly stupid, how the hell you function day to day w/o managing to hurt yourself is amazing.

Nino > Saad. So that actually means Rask > Saad too.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Fenton's post-Nino trades seem a lot more competent, especially getting Ryan Donato for a low-scoring Coyle. However, Nino is the picture-perfect example of why selling low is usually dumb (and why I was so happy this off-season that we kept Faulk rather than trade him after his off-year). Glad that Waddell of all folks was there to capitalize on a severe rookie GM mistake.
Coyle and Granlund are a lot better than they have shown so far, and Donato is probably worse. Nino and Coyle are different sorts of players, but Coyle was thought of as at least as good, if not better than Nino. His ability to play a competent C(you know, the thing that Rask doesn't do) as well as RW is valuable.
Hopefully you guys will get to play against the B's, and compare/contrast their styles.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Ok, we'll go with that.
giphy.gif

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Rask misses the net because he sucks.

Nino misses the net because he knows Staal will be there to bank the rebound in off of the goalie for the OT winner.

i think that he was actually aiming at a redirection from Tervanainen who was close to the goal. He is not slapping the puck full blast.
Whatever ... they did it. I really root for you guys.

And by the way i believe that you could be up for a nice surprise !! It's many years since it happened ... and remember .. you had a Swiss player as well ... except that Cam Ward took over in the PO !! and settled as a successful full time goalie with the Carolina franchise for many years. But it is not the place to talk about it ... i know i know :)

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Can't believe that you fools thought that the Wild did this trade for hockey reasons. You do understand that Nino is a mole, don't you? A deep cover operative? Because...that's really good for us...somehow...you'll see.. mwhahahahahhahaha...you'll never see it coming, when it comes... mwhahaha-mwhahaha...YOU"LL PAY , SOMEDAY!!!!

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Can't believe that you fools thought that the Wild did this trade for hockey reasons. You do understand that Nino is a mole, don't you? A deep cover operative? Because...that's really good for us...somehow...you'll see.. mwhahahahahhahaha...you'll never see it coming, when it comes... mwhahaha-mwhahaha...YOU"LL PAY , SOMEDAY!!!!

Swissman on everyone's side? Does not compute.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
We sold low on Rask though, just saying :D
We probably actually sold high. Given the way he played even after getting a fresh start in a new franchise, his value probably dropped lower, and it might never recover again. I would not be surprised to see Rask out of the NHL in the next season or two. Reminds me a lot of Tlusty and Nestrasil in that way.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Bumping this because this popped up on my Twitter feed:

I can't imagine this is true, because it seems like a very piss poor way to do a very important job, but it is one way to explain why this deal happened.

Minny: "Hi, we would like to talk about trading for Rask..."
Canes: "Yes."
Minny: "Yeah, so we are proposing..."
Canes: "We already said 'yes'."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad