Post-Game Talk: Canes DEFEAT Isles Round 1

Who wins?

• Total voters

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
What's the story with Rees? From all of the talk he's supposedly a huge physical presence but he's only listed at 5'11" 172lbs.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
What's the story with Rees? From all of the talk he's supposedly a huge physical presence but he's only listed at 5'11" 172lbs.
He's a pest not a huge physical presence. He's like Foegele was in that Caps series and his first season with us, but even more physical. For some reason McLovin decided he was a skill player after that and stopped hitting guys.

Reactions: cptjeff and DaveG

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Seems a little like the cart before the horse to me. What could go wrong, just like talking about how the Islanders have the longest first period goal playoff drought in the league last night...

1682525900720.png

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Man Isles fans still complaining about officiating from 2 games ago...but I bet they won't mention the missed DoG penalty that would have given us a 5-on-3...or the fact that we've been called twice for the slashing penalty that "happens 25/30 times per game and never gets called"

BabchukCanon

Jan 18, 2011
Apex, NC
Ponomarev!

Just keep cycling in the kids! It's like the end of the 02-03 season where we just kept calling guys up and they kept scoring goals in their first games. Except we will do it all the way to the Stanley Cup!
I forget who it was, but one dude scored and celebrated so hard he got hurt. Dude was an absolute legend as I don't think he ever made the NHL again after that. That was the year that the News and Observer said the #1 highlight of the year was Vrbata's one timer off a boards pass, boy have times changed.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I forget who it was, but one dude scored and celebrated so hard he got hurt. Dude was an absolute legend as I don't think he ever made the NHL again after that. That was the year that the News and Observer said the #1 highlight of the year was Vrbata's one timer off a boards pass, boy have times changed.

Brad Fast is one of only 4 guys in NHL history to play one game and have one goal, I believe.

Every year some kid joins him at the end of the year, then the next year goes and plays his second game.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Damian Surma. He came up in a thread not long ago.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma

Damian Surma

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad