OT: Canes Board Lounge IX: You Can't Lock this out (Until it hits 1,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
So how about that mighty SEC?

LSU gets demolished statistically against Clemson (yet still scores on terrible fumbles by Clemson)

Florida gets manhandled by Louisville

Now I'm going to laugh so hard if Alabama loses and Trollinen goes into depression mode.

...Damn you, SCAR, for ruining my fun!

I don't really care if A&M wins or not. I'm not a fan of Oklahoma, but I'm tired of the Manziel talk.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Stunning thing is the Big East looking as good as it has so far. I know they're not as bad as they're made out to be, but they're also nowhere near their mid-late 2000s form either when you had WVU, Louisville, and Rutgers all as legit top 10 teams, and USF and Cincy as legit top 25.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Wild-Card picks.

Cincy over Houston 28-24

Green Bay over Minnesota 35-10

Baltimore over Indy 31-28

Seattle over Washington in OT 24-21

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
Agree with all of them. I had originally picked the Colts, but you've got to think that the Ravens will play like they've never played before so as not to let Ray Lewis down. The Colts obviously have some motivation of their own, but I don't think that'll be enough.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'm kind of hesitant to pick a Marvin Lewis coached team to win a playoff game, but I am doing so this year.

And I echo what gocanes said about the Ravens/Colts. No way do they let Ray Lewis down at home.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So much disrespect for my Bengals. That defense is better than many seem to believe.

Now that I've said that, in typical Bengal fashion, they're going to give up 500 yards in the Wildcard game.
:laugh:

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
So much disrespect for my Bengals. That defense is better than many seem to believe.

Now that I've said that, in typical Bengal fashion, they're going to give up 500 yards in the Wildcard game.
:laugh:

Oh, don't worry, I get how good the Bengals D is (I had Atkins on my fantasy team :laugh:). I just think the Texans will be the Texans of the first half of the season, not the ones of the last 4 games. I think it's unwise to forget how dominant this team was.

If the Bengals can't get the ball to Green, they can't win the game. That game against the Steelers was just brutal, even considering they won.

Boats Ahoes

Apr 28, 2011
The NFC is an absolute mess IMO. I have so little confidence in any of those teams except maybe the Packers.

Ravens, Texans, Redskins, Packers

Boats Ahoes

Apr 28, 2011
Also, is anyone here doing NFL.com Playoff Challenge? It's a yearly tradition in my Fantasy Football league that everyone joins in and the order we finish in determines the draft order of the following year (1st place gets to choose position first, then second place, all the way to 10.) So far here's what I've got:

QB: Rodgers
RB1: Foster
RB2: Morris
WR1: Andre
WR2: D. Thomas (Subject to change)
TE: Gronkowski
K: Prater
D/ST: Broncos

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Also, is anyone here doing NFL.com Playoff Challenge? It's a yearly tradition in my Fantasy Football league that everyone joins in and the order we finish in determines the draft order of the following year (1st place gets to choose position first, then second place, all the way to 10.) So far here's what I've got:

RB1: Foster
RB2: Morris
WR1: Andre
WR2: D. Thomas (Subject to change)
TE: Gronkowski
K: Prater
D/ST: Broncos

My lineup (at ESPN you pick week-to-week, so I'm trying to just pick who I think will have the best week THIS week):

QB: Wilson
HB: Peterson
HB: Rice
WR: James Jones
WR: Golden Tate
TE: Finley
K: Graham
D/ST: Texans

BTW, if you have to pick for the whole playoffs and can't edit your teams, you should just pick players from the two teams you think will be in the Super Bowl. If yours is week-to-week, like mine, you shouldn't have any Broncos or Pats in your lineup this week. :laugh:

Boats Ahoes

Apr 28, 2011
My lineup (at ESPN you pick week-to-week, so I'm trying to just pick who I think will have the best week THIS week):

QB: Wilson
HB: Peterson
HB: Rice
WR: James Jones
WR: Golden Tate
TE: Finley
K: Graham
D/ST: Texans

BTW, if you have to pick for the whole playoffs and can't edit your teams, you should just pick players from the two teams you think will be in the Super Bowl. If yours is week-to-week, like mine, you shouldn't have any Broncos or Pats in your lineup this week. :laugh:

In NFL.com, you're allowed to make edits week to week, but you get bonus points for having players on you're team for multiple weeks in a row (Hence, the Broncos and Pats). I tried to have a balance between players who I think will be making a Super Bowl run and those who will get me a few Week 1 points and likely win their Wild Card matchup. Probably best not to put all my eggs in one basket and pick solely from 2 teams, since I'd pretty much be guaranteeing myself 10th pick next year if they flame out :laugh:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Found my Trevor Hoffman Padres jersey tonite and got me all nostalgic, but while goofing around on youtube, I found this. Brings back sooooooooo many memories (I'm lucky enough to have seen him live a few times) and got me thinking.

Could you imagine standing in the on deck circle, down one run in the 9th, and that happening?

You're defeated before you ever get to the plate.

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
So Coach Rivera's getting one more chance. I'm not quite as against this as I was originally, but it still worries me. If we're still losing close games next season, it'll be undeniable that the blame for that falls on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad