GDT: Canes at the 2018 WJC

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Boy you are missing a great Canes game

I would switch over since this one is basically done but the canes have been doing much better since I took a break following that awesome game against the leafs so maybe I’ll stay away a bit longer.

4-1 now. Floodgates are opening. What an easy path to the finals Canada ended up with compared to the USA. As much as I hate losing to them it was almost worth it.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
He’s this years Chabot and what do you know he’s another sens prospect from the Q. Good story, though. Wasn’t even invited to the summer development camp.
Don't want it to seem like I'm dissing his play, just some of the overreactions that will come from it.

He is definitely outplaying several of his more highly touted peers though.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Don't want it to seem like I'm dissing his play, just some of the overreactions that will come from it.

He is definitely outplaying several of his more highly touted peers though.

I get what you’re saying. I’m comparing him to Chabot because he’s this years media darling that gets mentioned every other sentence whether he’s on the ice or not. Like you said, it’s gonna get nuts.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
From Pronman's WJC Journal...his MVP vote:

ALL-STAR BALLOT
Members of the media are now asked to submit an MVP pick and an All-Star ballot for the tournament comprising three forwards (irrelevant of wing or center), two defensemen and a goalie. My picks are:

Forward: Casey Mittelstadt, USA (Buffalo)
Forward: Martin Necas, Czech Republic (Carolina)
Forward: Filip Zadina, Czech Republic (2018 draft eligible)
Defenseman: Adam Fox, USA (Calgary)
Defenseman: Rasmus Dahlin, Sweden (2018 draft eligible)
Goalie: Filip Gustavsson, Sweden (Pittsburgh)
MVP: Casey Mittelstadt

Mittelstadt and Necas are easily the top two forwards so far. Both have been so dynamic and at times carried their teams for long stretches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad