Pre-Game Talk: Canes at Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
no, there's not.

guys like Olsen, Robak, etc are all terrible as well, but they're spare parts. spare parts are usually bad.

Guds is supposed to be a "core player" and he's awful.

the only player on this team worse than Guds is Jovo. at least has the excuse of being a 38 year old corpse that needs to retire and not a guy we're supposedly building around.

Most would strongly disagree with the fact that he is a bad player. Theres also the whole idea of progression. But to each their own.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
LOLOOOOOOLOLOLOLOLOL

you have to be ****ing kidding me.

Who's been better, Jovo, Olsen, Robak, Petro. You can make an argument for Campbell, but where has he been since December. Gilbert is good for what he is, but he doesn't play much defense and seems to really enjoy playing catch with his d-partner.

Erick*

We get it you hate the guy for no readily apparent reason. I know its not saying much, but behind Kuli, he's been our 2nd best d-man for most of this season. But Haters gonna hate.

I know it's a popular thing to hate Brian Campbell now, but there's no way in hell that Erik Gudbranson is better than Campbell.

While we're at it, Kulikov isn't better than Campbell either.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Thing that bothers me with Guddy is he has zero hockey sense. He'll make big hits, he'll fight but really he lacks good desicision making. I've heard Chara being brought up as a late bloomer but he had the hockey IQ throughout his career, his skating and mobility was terrible before he broke out. I really can't see Guddy breaking out of the same mistakes and same tendencies.

If we draft Ekblad that so hope we can move Guddy and find someone willing to give up a good scorer for him.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Most of that was due to him not being able to be as physical as he wanted because of the cage.

I don't know what everyone expects from a 22 year old stay at home d-man.

i expect him to not be a ****ing disaster defensively.

funny how every time he's on the ice it's like there's a fire drill going on in front of our own net, isnt it?

love the excuses you fanboys make. in 11-12 he was terrible because he was paired with jovo. last year it was because he injured his shoulder and couldn't play physical. this year it's because he hurt his face and couldn't be physical.

see a pattern?

:shakehead

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
I know it's a popular thing to hate Brian Campbell now, but there's no way in hell that Erik Gudbranson is better than Campbell.

This. Campbell, Kuli, Guds in that order are our top 3.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN

Ok, but he's played better since December (Kuli that is). And ok I'll give you Campbell so 3rd best. He's a solid d-man, who's still young and progressing. Some people just seem to want to hate him for no reason.

Erick*

Kulikov is playing with effort. Campbell, Not So much

And despite his efforts, his numbers still look like crap.
Campbell has 33 points as a defenseman on a terrible team. And Campbell is the one playing about 28 minutes per night. Before anyone says that he wouldn't be doing that on a good team...well yeah, that's true. But what does that say about Kulikov then who's on that same team?

Kulikov still commits his fair share of dumb turnovers, etc.

Our defensemen all have flaws and Kulikov is no different. There's a reason why he's a team worst -19. It's not just his d-partner, which is a popular excuse this fanbase creates for all of the struggling young players.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
This. Campbell, Kuli, Guds in that order are our top 3.

if anyone thinks Gudbranson is better than Gilbert they know nothing about hockey.

Gilbert gets alot of flack here, alot of it anwarranted. he's soft and slow, but very good positionally, moves the puck well and eats up alot of minutes.

he's only a -5 playing 22 minutes a night on a team with an awful goal differential.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
i expect him to not be a ****ing disaster defensively.

funny how every time he's on the ice it's like there's a fire drill going on in front of our own net, isnt it?

love the excuses you fanboys make. in 11-12 he was terrible because he was paired with jovo. last year it was because he injured his shoulder and couldn't play physical. this year it's because he hurt his face and couldn't be physical.

see a pattern?

:shakehead

HE'S 22 YEARS OLD, you can't honestly expect him to be a top d-man in the league at 22

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
lolwut.jpg

Come on, you can't honestly believe that.

Sorry, I forgot about Campbell, who's been invisible since like December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad