Post-Game Talk: Cane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It’s a shit bounce under pressure, it happens.

Forcing a puck up the middle of the ice into three attackers, and then getting caught in no man’s land leaving a guy wide open in the slot as a 8m defensemen is not something that should happen.
No it’s not a shit bounce under pressure. It’s having clown shoes.

Trouba was terrible too. Fox was bad. Gus was bad. 2/3 the D was bad. Trouba being bad doesn’t take away from Lindgren pooping the bed

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Jarvis is nowhere near his line of sight in this.

And even if he was, he would have already picked it up at that point.

Here's the full sequence. I think Igor probably could've had that. Granted, I'm not a goalie. @nevesis what do you think?

Igor's also been unbelievable this series and a big reason why we're up 3-1 right now.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Loss isn’t on him but Igor needs to be better. That was a pretty down game for him, right from the first goal.

Sure we’re up 3-0 but you just gave Carolina life. They were dejected and defeated and down and out. They couldn’t score on Igor, they couldn’t score on the PP, they couldn’t kill our power plays, they were coming up short everywhere.

And we let them off the hook with that first period and the ending. Now they beat Igor clean multiple times, they score a PP goal, they don’t allow a PPG against for the second straight game. Carolina is a really good team and now they have life and some more confidence. We better end this on Monday. You can’t give them too many cracks at it.
I think it's a stretch to say they couldn't score on Igor.

They have 3, 3, 2, and 4.

We're not exactly completely shutting this team down.

Today, we did, until the refs decided with 3:40 left that there were rules again.

I think this was overall our best game. Avoid that miserable period we had and play the way we're playing and we should win.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Look, to those who are searching for answers, or a cope, or maybe just a reassuring message, here is mine: it is OK to panic if they are down 2 with a minute to go game 7!

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
All of which have nothing to do with Brodz. Without him getting to the puck first and centering it to Vesey, the Schneider shot and Goodrow deflection do not happen.
That’s fair. It just doesn’t leave us with a proper fourth line. I expect the fourth line to be a true shutdown or physical checking line, which JB doesn’t give us, but maybe that’s an old fashioned way of approaching line constructions. Not sure if two scoring / 1 defensive / 1 physical paradigm still holds.

Reactions: will1066

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I would be a lot more bothered if they just beat us up, but that was our game after the one miserable period we had.

Went like the last 45 minutes without a powerplay and there were certainly reasonable opportunities to make a call. It was "let them play" until suddenly it wasn't.
My thoughts exactly. I don't have an issue with the call late in the game if they had called the bigger infractions on the canes prior to that.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Here's the full sequence. I think Igor probably could've had that. Granted, I'm not a goalie. @nevesis what do you think?

Igor's also been unbelievable this series and a big reason why we're up 3-1 right now.

It was a decent look.

There was side to side movement but obviously not all the way across the royal road. Jarvis was nowhere near screening that at the time of release and anything after the time of the release is just wind to an NHL goaltender.

The best thing about this chance is that Skjei absolutely labeled it in that spot where Vally says goalies sport a .700 save percentage.

That's still 7 out of 10 tho.

Nobody is saying Igor was terrible but it's a pretty cold take to say this wasn't his best game.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I've said my 2 cents. Time for some Hades 2. See ya Monday.
Is this on console yet? Or am I going to have to buy a PC instead of go to Game 6

My thoughts exactly. I don't have an issue with the call late in the game if they had called the bigger infractions on the canes prior to that.
I don’t think the refs were great today but at least they were consistent

Reactions: yrrebbor

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
I'm more disappointed with the missed chances than lindgren's mistake. Trouba and Gus were truly bad. Lindgren tried to catch a fly ball. Shit happens. We'd been good hitting the net in this series when it mattered up until tonight. We could easily be bashing Miller if Shesty didn't make that 2 on none save.
Once Lindgren screwed up the bat, he had to trip that guy because it was a 2 on 1 and a possible back door tip in. So, a penalty there wasn't too surprising. Can't blame the ref. Just a tough break.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Sometimes ya just need to dominate a period or two like the Cats did in Boston last night. Can't be doing all this even steven stuff and expect a series to go well.

Reactions: yrrebbor

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
And yet I bet you don’t hear a single peep about officiating contributing to the Canes winning this game and yet that’s all we hear about even in games the Rangers don’t score on the PP.

The refs swallowed their whistles and let everything go and then randomly decide to call something with 3 mins left. That’s horseshit but Lindgren never should’ve put himself in that situation.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
It was a decent look.

There was side to side movement but obviously not all the way across the royal road. Jarvis was nowhere near screening that at the time of release and anything after the time of the release is just wind to an NHL goaltender.

The best thing about this chance is that Skjei absolutely labeled it in that spot where Vally says goalies sport a .700 save percentage.

That's still 7 out of 10 tho.

Nobody is saying Igor was terrible but it's a pretty cold take to say this wasn't his best game.

I don't disagree on the last part. And I think Igor would probably say the same. Game 2 or 3 version of Shesterkin probably stops that Skjei shot.

.925 save percentage after four games in this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad