Post-Game Talk: Cane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I was hoping we'd split the games in Carolina and we have. I can't be too mad.

Still, that's a frustrating way to end it. The Refs actually held their whistles the entire game until Lindgren gave them no choice lol.
That's my problem with the whole "let them play" approach.

Why is that a penalty but everything they let go isn't?

Because it "looked" like a penalty? There's a rulebook. It's not an aesthetic.

The Hurricanes were literally crosschecking on every play by the third period. If you let that team play, it gets worse and worse.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
This isbwhat happens when I can't watch the game.

I can only assume Dolan wants that sweet playoff revenue and Bettman needs more HRR so this losebwas basically preordained 😁

Good to see Laf score again, and Cuylle was due.
On to the next one!

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Thought we played well overall. Laf and Kakko were both great, which was awesome to see. Trouba was awful, on the ice for all 4 goals against and partially responsible for first 3. We still could’ve won. Difference was Igor was mortal in this game, unlike the first 7 games of the playoffs. Bound to happen at some point.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Not saying he was a problem per se. Just saying that there were better options. For me, invisible bread, dumb Tuba and lost Lindgren were our Achilles heels.
All of which have nothing to do with Brodz. Without him getting to the puck first and centering it to Vesey, the Schneider shot and Goodrow deflection do not happen.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Can someone tell me how Paul Bisonette, a player who barely broke 200 NHL games, and was the worst player on the worst team for almost all of them, gets to have a national platform as a f***ing hockey analyst? Get Nostradumbass out of here because he's a f***ing moron.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
That was a good loss. After an awful start they really picked it up. Could have had a few more too - bad puck luck.

They got this.

Yeah we lost the mental game in this one. Way too passive in the first period, too many mistakes from the usual suspects at the back, and some of our big guns never really showed up like they need to (looking at you crumbs).

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
A problem with a 3-0 lead is you really only have to lose one to get the scenarios to roll.

I think I prefer the seven-game marathons to be honest

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No he was beat clean twice (I won’t count the aho bang bang goal) but the game winner especially is terrible. I mean really terrible.

he needs to reset and be at his best Monday.
All series long, the difference is that the Canes haven't been scoring on anything that's not a can't-miss chance, and they're bad at creating those.

Tonight they scored the 1st goal on a good chance and the 4th goal and medium-danger chance at best.

Reactions: yrrebbor

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
That's my problem with the whole "let them play" approach.

Why is that a penalty but everything they let go isn't?

Because it "looked" like a penalty? There's a rulebook. It's not an aesthetic.

The Hurricanes were literally crosschecking on every play by the third period. If you let that team play, it gets worse and worse.

I think because there were only 4 players in the Rangers' defensive zone, and it was "obvious."

Not disagreeing with you about the whistles being put away.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
That loss hurts because not only coming back but after we tied it Carolina looked dead in the water and scared. They were doing NOTHING.

Then Lindgren decides to swat a puck down for some reason, poorly, and then takes a penalty that loses the game for us. Carolina was dead on the mat, there to lose the game and we let them off the hook.
Batting the puck was the right play. Flubbing the bat was the issue.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
All season was saying Lindgren was going to cost them a game/series. Tonight was that night. Defense was really bad as a whole, but that penalty at the end was egregious
Somehow you watched Trouba be directly responsible for 2 goals, on ice for all 4, and your take away is that Lindgren’s one penalty was the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad