GDT: CandyCanes vs Wings

TVR?

• Total voters

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
michael ferland is something this team has needed badly for a long time and is going to cost us a lot of money. it's an interesting case study in the development of a power winger to look at his trajectory. building on each successive season, earning progressively more trust and icetime. ferland and martinook have had such a positive influence in the amount of jump we have up front.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Ayy got the GDT win!

So unfortunately the morning skate plans I mentioned earlier didn’t get to work out. Justin Abdelkader wife said something like, since the Wings are having a rough go this season they haven’t wanted random guests as practices. But still some fun experiences came from tonight.

Sat by the glass rockin the Canes jersey during practice. McBackup faked me out acting like he was about to toss me a puck and then gave it to a little Wings kid. Was kinda funny moment.

Near the end of practice I made eye contact with Svech. Gave him a little head nod and he winked back at me (bromance is now alive and well) 30 seconds later he tossed a puck over the glass to me.

The tickets we got for the game came from the Abdelkader’s. We were surrounded by the Wings player wives and families during the game. Spoke a little with Darren Helm’s wife and Dylan Larkin’s parents as we were sitting between them. Everyone was so nice even tho I was rockin the Canes uniform. But boy did it feel slightly awkward to be surrounded by these players families during the game. I normally yell a bit at games & defintely stand + let out some screams when the boys score. But felt like I couldn’t do much of that being surrounded by them :laugh:

Ended the night at the pizza bar that’s a part of the stadium. Really awesome place to grab late night eat and drinks after the game. Totally hit it off with our bartender, grabbed her number haha. Think I got me a date tomorrow night.

Side note: Little Caesars Arena is a beauty. And was quite surprised how cool downtown Detroit is. Not as dumpy as I always thought it would be.

Last edited:

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Mrazek looked like he was trying way too hard and had a lot of nervous energy that first game where he was constantly 10 feet from the net but has felt pretty solid since.

I don't recall any bad softies or saying glove side high.

He seems way different from Cam who was really calm then would go oopsie. Mrazek is really intense and you can feel it.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Mrazek looked like he was trying way too hard and had a lot of nervous energy that first game where he was constantly 10 feet from the net but has felt pretty solid since.

I don't recall any bad softies or saying glove side high.

He seems way different from Cam who was really calm then would go oopsie. Mrazek is really intense and you can feel it.

Not sure if the tv coverage picked it up. But when the empty netter was scored he let out a huge blocker punch to the sky in excitement. He definitely plays with some intensity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad