No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Powerplay Units at Practice

James van Reimsdyk - Tyler Bozak - Phil Kessel
Dion Phaneuf - Stuart Percy

Joffery Lupul - Nazem Kadri - David Clarkson
Jake Gardiner - Morgan Rielly

I know they want the guy to produce but I'd honestly feel better with Komarov filling this role over Clarkson.

Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I'm just hoping for Habs Leafs to meet each other in playoffs for once in my life.. So I can delete fb, twitter, and stay off hfboards for two weeks :laugh: because no sane person would want to see any of that.

Should be a good fast game tomorrow :yo:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
holland or santo should be on that second pp unit.

that being said, i don't mind clarkson getting a chance to bounce back with some pp time. the pp was a huge part of his success and why we signed him.

but his leash there can't be too long.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
holland or santo should be on that second pp unit.

that being said, i don't mind clarkson getting a chance to bounce back with some pp time. the pp was a huge part of his success and why we signed him.

but his leash there can't be too long.

I like Clarkson on the PP... he just goes right to the front of the net and starts battling.

Our normal PP has JVR on the side of the net... Bozak in the high slot... Kessel on the half boards... Ds at the point.

With Phaneuf on the PP, I don't blame our guys for not standing in front of the net... but Clarkson seems perfectly fine with those duties.

Kessel - Kadri - Clarkson would be a good first PP unit.

Clarkson would hopefully give everyone a bit more space to work with because he'll tie up one of their 4 guys, leaving sort of a 4 on 3 situation... it makes it tougher to make that defensive box when Clarkson is parked right in front of the goalie.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Leafs shuffled defense pairings during practice to:

Dion Phaneuf - Morgan Rielly
Jake Gardiner - Roman Polak
Stuart Percy - Stephane Robidas

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
phaneuf - rielly seems inevitable, really.

our two legit top talents on defense.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
phaneuf - rielly seems inevitable, really.

our two legit top talents on defense.

I think I'd much rather see gardiner with dion. We've seen him play really well when he's given 20~ minutes and he has more experience than rielly. Just not sure if I want rielly to face top lines just yet.

Rielly and gardiner on the pp is something I am really looking forward too.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Nonis on the 1050 said that there will be some surprise names in the line-up tomorrow, and while the dumbo's on the station are arguing whether it's Kozun or Frattin, I think he's hinting and either Bozak or Kessel not being ready to go.

Hope I'm wrong

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Oh wait so they're not splitting jvr and kessel?

Looks like JVR/Kessel will at least start the season. A lot will depend on what Lupul/Kadri bring us. As for Rielly/Phaneuf, I think that pair would be better than Gardiner/Phaneuf. No offense to Jake, I just think Rielly has that higher 200 foot IQ. Once he gets the experience and puts it together he will be better all around than Gardiner.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Nonis on the 1050 said that there will be some surprise names in the line-up tomorrow, and while the dumbo's on the station are arguing whether it's Kozun or Frattin, I think he's hinting and either Bozak or Kessel not being ready to go.

Hope I'm wrong

Both have been doing full practices, so doubt that's an issue

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Leafs shuffled defense pairings during practice to:

Dion Phaneuf - Morgan Rielly
Jake Gardiner - Roman Polak
Stuart Percy - Stephane Robidas

So do they have Dion the left? Cause he played on the right all last year...

How much experience does Rielly have on the right?

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 6m6 minutes ago
Nonis on TSN Radio "I think a lot of Naz. Elite talent. Because of that we want him to compete for 82 gms. Will make him a special player"

Unrelated to the topic, but I hope Naz brings his A game tonight as he always does against rival teams.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
rielly has played the right side quite a bit. he did it in junior, he did it in wjc, he even did it a bit last year.

with his skating, playing the right side isn't much of an issue.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 25s26 seconds ago
Lupul will be alternate captain again this year. Other one or two will be picked later today.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I think I'd much rather see gardiner with dion. We've seen him play really well when he's given 20~ minutes and he has more experience than rielly. Just not sure if I want rielly to face top lines just yet.

Rielly and gardiner on the pp is something I am really looking forward too.

Gardiner will be given 20+ minutes regardless. He averaged 21 last year and was first on the team in even strength minutes.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 25s26 seconds ago
Lupul will be alternate captain again this year. Other one or two will be picked later today.

Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 52s52 seconds ago
Leaf letters will be handed out today. Phaneuf and Lupul have theirs....2 others will get theirs. Robidas a certain possibility. #TMLtalk

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I'm just hoping for Habs Leafs to meet each other in playoffs for once in my life.. So I can delete fb, twitter, and stay off hfboards for two weeks :laugh: because no sane person would want to see any of that.

Should be a good fast game tomorrow :yo:

Don't have to worry about HF Boards...it will crash, or the board vernacular "explode"

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
rielly has played the right side quite a bit. he did it in junior, he did it in wjc, he even did it a bit last year.

with his skating, playing the right side isn't much of an issue.

That incredible stop on him, by Huet in the WC, was from the right side.

mikebel111*

David Alter ‏@dalter 55m55 minutes ago
#leafs new message in the dressing room: Blue Noise, If you are not in the way, sacrifice for each other, succeed together, unite a city.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00