Pre-Game Talk: Canadiens vs Jets March 26 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Jets just landed, habs likely arrived last night. No Price

@CanadiensMTL: Michel Therrien confirme que Tokarski affrontera les Jets./ Tokarski will face the Jets tomorrow. #gohabsgo

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Tokarski in net. Game on TSN. Good night sleep and home cooking. I expect a much better result :)

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Tokarski, huh? our chances of winning just went up. I'm going to be at the Wheat Kings game tomorrow, so I'll only be able to follow on the NHL app.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@snseanreynolds: Interesting to watch #Canadiens practices vs #NHLJets. Clear the Habs focus on flow while Jets focus on structure. Contrasting styles indeed

seasontixholder*

@snseanreynolds: Interesting to watch #Canadiens practices vs #NHLJets. Clear the Habs focus on flow while Jets focus on structure. Contrasting styles indeed

After last night, I don't want to hear anything from a Sportsnet personality ever again. :laugh:

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Of all the Canadian teams the Jets can only seem to beat Toronto & Edmonton.

They always seem to have problems with Ottawa, Calgary, Montreal & Vancouver.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
It's kind of insulting that we get Tokarski

I'll take it :D

Edit: I also really dislike losing to the Canadiens, so GJG

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I ran into a guy last night who said he was going to be at the Jets game, but was going to be cheering for the Habs. He smelled of strong alcohol, too. I don't want to see him go home happy.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Thank God Price won't play. Habs fast paced style could mean terrible things against that Harrison/Pardy pairing.....

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Should be interesting to watch. The Habs have a terrific style of passing and moving creatively in the danger zone whereas the Jets have an improved and aggressive defensive corps. The Habs do not need to win this game, but they have the talent and direction to score. What the Habs really want is to walk away without anyone injured. So here's the deal, the Habs will pressure the Jets defense but will not score if the Jets pretend the Habs are wearing orange jerseys. But when we meet for the Stanley cup finals the deal is off.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
As a Habs fan I really like the Jets!!!!!! Hopefully this game got in OT so at least 1 points for both team!!!!

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Maurice has said that Little is going to have to have a full contact practice before he can come back, so that would be Chicago at the earliest. Buff was ready to go at one point and then scratched, so not sure what his requirements are.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I'll settle with just Little, to start. I am really tired of watching too much Slater.

No Harrison/Pardy would also be nice...

Slater puts forth 100% effort night in and night out. The problem is that other than faceoffs, playing 3rd line centre on a nightly basis is far too much to expect from a player clearly on the decline.

The Jets are lacking a veteran centre who can play the game. Even when Little is back and Slater on the 4th line that position clearly needs to be upgraded.

Odell seems too soft in his own end.

This team will get a real boost if anyone can ever return from injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad