GDT: Canadiens vs Bruins - 01/17/2018 7:30 - SN RDS 690am 98.5fm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Thanks for the good words! I also have to give credit to my 10 yo daughter, she's the one who came up with the idea for the socks in the glove compartment. I found that funny and put it in.

Re-read the second post and just now noticed the "Unshrinkables".

Hats off to you again Roy. Best comedy is the subtle type. Lots of gems in this one.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Amazing job roy!

But damn this lineup is ugly. Drouin and Galchenyuk on the 3rd line, really? Coach Julien just doesn't know what to do and it's not even been a year. At this rate, things will get ugly very soon.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I might be one of the very few who is actually looking forward to what DLR can do playing next to 2 talented players for like the 3rd time in his career with the Habs.

It's actually not that crazy of an idea. Galchenyuk and Drouin can drag DLR kicking and screaming to offensive production, while DLR can take out the trash defensively.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Awesome work mr. Munson and daughter. Genius.

I hope the Habs play with their usual reguillalilleté.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It's actually not that crazy of an idea. Galchenyuk and Drouin can drag DLR kicking and screaming to offensive production, while DLR can take out the trash defensively.
I think DLR has what you're looking for in a center without having the high end offensive IQ.

He's the type of player who can fit in well with other players IMO...

I like this line personally...hoping they get a legit shot.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Come on guys, you like DLR centering Galchenyuk and Drouin just because he's 22 yo. Put the same player, with the same production, but at 29, and you'd all be screaming that we're wasting our young guns potential with a plug centering them.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
"Old MacDonald had a farm OLE OLE OLE, then he traded it all away OLE OLE OLE"

10 minutes later I'm still laughing lol Great work as always Roy!

Come on guys, you like DLR centering Galchenyuk and Drouin just because he's 22 yo. Put the same player, with the same production, but at 29, and you'd all be screaming that we're wasting our young guns potential with a plug centering them.

He might not be the ideal choice. But neither Drouin or Galchenyuk are known for their defense. So IMO putting DLR (as their center) should help provide some balance. Especially in their own zone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad