Confirmed with Link: Canadiens Sign Florian Xhekaj to 3 Year ELC ('24-'25/'26-'27) Signs PTO w/Laval

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
The only thing I don't like is that they're already talking of turning him back into a power winger, coming off his best season both production wise and development wise ever as a two way do-it-all center. I have major McCarron PTSD vibes from this. Hope I'll be wrong :help:

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
The only thing I don't like is that they're already talking of turning him back into a power winger, coming off his best season both production wise and development wise ever as a two way do-it-all center. I have major McCarron PTSD vibes from this. Hope I'll be wrong :help:
Problem with McCarron was (1) he was not that good (2) he was drafted in the 1st round not 4th (3) we were told he was in the Lucic mold but the guy could not fight his way out of a calinours battle

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This Development team is far more competent than the previous regime.

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
Arber said, he always played center, except for one season.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Anything close to 200 would be great if he is currently 190. If you're adding 25 pounds in one summer, it will definitely not be mostly muscles.
People making these claims have never tried to put up lean mass 😂 25 pounds in a few months is impossible unless you’re on roids

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Anything close to 200 would be great if he is currently 190. If you're adding 25 pounds in one summer, it will definitely not be mostly muscles.

We drafted him last year in June , he listed then at 174 lbs ?
CapFriendly has him listed today at 193 pounds......So he gained 19 pounds...
in 9- 10 months.....he could play next season around 210- 215.....

BIRTHPLACE:Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
NATIONALITY:CanadaeeCzech Republic
SHOOTS:Left
HEIGHT:
6'4"
193cm
WEIGHT:
193 lbs
88kg

Last edited:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Florian started at 174 last year at draft now @ 193.....I'm sure he gain big just like his big bro...
The fork is the key....

Stu Cowan: Beefy Canadien Arber Xhekaj's path to NHL paved with a fork​

Eating six meals a day as a junior to gain weight and strength, the 6-foot-4 Hab added 65 pounds to hit his current playing weight of 240.

Author of the article:
Stu Cowan • Montreal Gazette
Published Feb 02, 2023 • Last updated Feb 03, 2023 •
The 6-foot-4 defenceman went from 175 pounds during his first season of junior to 190 pounds by the end of that season. By the next season in the OHL, Xhekaj was up to 210 pounds and then 225. He now weighs 240 pounds.Feb 2, 2023

hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/stu-cowan-beefy-canadien-arber-xhekajs-path-to-nhl-paved-with-a-fork

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Florian started at 174 last year at draft now @ 193.....I'm sure he gain big just like his big bro...
The fork is the key....

Stu Cowan: Beefy Canadien Arber Xhekaj's path to NHL paved with a fork​

Eating six meals a day as a junior to gain weight and strength, the 6-foot-4 Hab added 65 pounds to hit his current playing weight of 240.

Author of the article:
Stu Cowan • Montreal Gazette
Published Feb 02, 2023 • Last updated Feb 03, 2023 •
The 6-foot-4 defenceman went from 175 pounds during his first season of junior to 190 pounds by the end of that season. By the next season in the OHL, Xhekaj was up to 210 pounds and then 225. He now weighs 240 pounds.Feb 2, 2023

hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/stu-cowan-beefy-canadien-arber-xhekajs-path-to-nhl-paved-with-a-fork

And if you look at the intervals, this is around 15 pounds per full year. We are talking about 4-5 months and 20-25 pounds.

9-10 months bring us to January/February, not training camp.

Reactions: windycity

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
I think for a teenager it is possible to put on that much weight, especially when you're 6'4. We'll see though, there's no rush for him to put on that amount of weight, he'll probably max out around 215-220.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
Still don't know what to expect of him. His ppg for a d+2 season has been done by many many other players this year alone. It looks like he has skills though. He might end up being a modern day goon on the 4th line.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
I think for a teenager it is possible to put on that much weight, especially when you're 6'4. We'll see though, there's no rush for him to put on that amount of weight, he'll probably max out around 215-220.
Slaf is already 230 at the age of 19. :laugh:

He would be great in the fourth line.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
We've seen players do it, Brad Marchand was a pretty average player in the Q, comparable to Xhekaj.
What ? Brad Marchand was nothing but average, what is this ? He lead the PO in points with 2.0 ppg in his d+1, he was nothing but average, he was awesome. He came in and was a top 6 forward for the Providence bruins and lead the team in PO scoring.

Reactions: dinodebino

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
What ? Brad Marchand was nothing but average, what is this ? He lead the PO in points with 2.0 ppg in his d+1, he was nothing but average, he was awesome. He came in and was a top 6 forward for the Providence bruins and lead the team in PO scoring.
What does his ahl record has anything to do with his Q career? He had an awesome playoff the year before, but his 19th years old season is comparable to Xhekaj. There is no way we could have predicated he was going to be a first liner. He had 29pts in 26 games with the Moosehead at the same age as Florian. Filip Mesar is having a better d+2 season stats wise than Marchand had.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What does his ahl record has anything to do with his Q career? He had an awesome playoff the year before, but his 19th years old season is comparable to Xhekaj. There is no way we could have predicated he was going to be a first liner. He had 29pts in 26 games with the Moosehead at the same age as Florian. Filip Mesar is having a better d+2 season stats wise than Marchand had.
Scoring is much, much different now than it was back then.. ? His 19 years old season he had 73 in 59 games. His AHL career tells us he's never been a prospect of the levle of Xhekaj lol. It was just a bad comparison, move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad