Rumor: Canadiens made a trade at the Draft that hasn't been announced yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
CH: une transaction annoncée sous peu - TVA Sports

As much as I don't like Renaud Lavoie, he's been pretty spot on with his reports lately.

Google Translate:

The Montreal Canadiens would soon announce a transaction that was concluded during the draft, reports our informant Renaud Lavoie.

After a hectic repechage, the work of the general manager of the CH, Kent Hughes, has only just begun. Canadians are currently exceeding the salary cap and must trade contracts to comply.

This is among other things why the organization did not submit a qualifying offer to young striker Rem Pitlick, who could have obtained a salary too high for the taste of the leaders thanks to his arbitration rights.

Rumors continue to swirl about defenseman Jeff Petry. The Athletic reporter Pierre Lebrun linked him Tuesday morning to the Carolina Hurricanes.

Several teams are currently feeling the urgency to free up space on their payroll as the free agent market opens on Wednesday, July 13.

Who could it be ? Petry ? Anderson ? Allen ?

Reactions: CanuckCity

Love

Feb 29, 2012
That’s weird. I don’t think I’ve seen anything like this before.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Being reported by Renaud Lavoie of TVA whose usually quite plugged in, not revealing what it was though but speculation on our board that it's Petry as his signing bonus is due in the next few days

For what purpose would it not be announced yet?

Michael Dipetro? because they were waiting for Canucks to qualify offer first?

He was highly speculated to go to Montreal in a trade a bout a week ago

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
That’s weird. I don’t think I’ve seen anything like this before.
There was a similar aspect in the Freddie Andersen trade. Jonathan Bernier was clearly supposed to be a part of it but it was for a pick at the 2016 draft and they had to wait until after July 1 for Bernier's SB to be paid, where he was then dealt to Anaheim for basically nothing.

Reactions: ShelbyZ

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
3 million is a nice chunk of change to save.

Curious, is there a place online that has these dates? I see the signing bonus on Capfriendly but no date with it. Or was it just reported.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
RD...Signing Bonus being paid first.....Oh god. It's Ottawa.
If it's petry its doubtful, there was a lot of rumbling around him wanting out due to Covid and Canada restrictions as his wife and kids returned home. Sounds like he wants to go to the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad