Confirmed with Link: Canadiens acquire Arnaud Durandeau from NJ for Nathan Légaré (AHL Deal)

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
What a weird trade, is Durandeau good defensively, because otherwise ouch!

The Rocket are top 5 league-wide in goal for, but 2nd to last in goal against....

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Legare was a nice player on the pk it seemed.

Would have preferred Kent trade a 7th for a guy like Tufte, or something, but hopefully this dude forechecks hard as Laval seems very tenacious
I was hoping for a Reaves type (who could actually fight) who would go out and beat the crap out of anyone who looked sideways at one of the top prospects.

bonneaug

Aug 2, 2017
I think Legare was scratched this weekend since we have like 15 forwards in Laval and Perrault will get some chances in coming weeks, not likely to be removed from the line up. Maybe it’s just a player request for another opportunity

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Add more offence.

You ain't wrong. But they are still very much in the race.
For sure, but for some strange reason, they play more games than everyone else!

Not to mention, they suck immensely against Belleville for some strange reason. If they can’t find a way to win those, they could be in trouble. Hopefully they turned a corner after the Cleveland games.

Weird seeing a healthy lineup! In hindsight, I shouldn’t have said that!😉

Reactions: jrom

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Durandeau is our way to try to get Belisle/Abbandonato/Richard production. We lost a lot of offense there.

That's what the Durandeau/Perreault acquisitions were about. We're going fast and talent. But we gave up grit. I do like it though.

Reactions: bopeep

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
AHL trade deadline is on Friday. So teams can make trades for their AHL teams. Of course with Durandeau and Légaré on NHL deals, it's the NHL teams that announce the trade, even though it's really for the AHL.

Tehnically, teams can continue to make trades past the deadline. But the deadline is set for playoff eligibility.
Im a bit surprised rebuilding teams don't make more trades, particularly ones impacting the NHL teams. If the teams are tanking, playoff eligibility shouldn't matter too much.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
I think in the case of both Mysak for Perreault and now Légaré for Durandeau, Laval moved two depth guys who were more 4th liners for two guys with more offensive upside.

Last year in the AHL, Durandeau had 24 goals and 55 pts in 68 GP with Bridgeport. So far this year, with Bridgeport and Utica, he has 4 goals and 18 pts in 38 GP.
During his press conference, Hugues said that currently the Habs were looking for offensive talent and if possible Quebecers. I think the 2 recent trades are going in this direction and is an indicator of what they are aiming for the next draft.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Durandeau is our way to try to get Belisle/Abbandonato/Richard production. We lost a lot of offense there.

That's what the Durandeau/Perreault acquisitions were about. We're going fast and talent. But we gave up grit. I do like it though.
Agree, this might be a "tryout" for next season. If he plays good, he can replace Andersson,Maillet, Stephens who have expiring contracts.

Reactions: Nevins

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Laval is 5th in the league in goals for (3.35 gpg vs 3.58 gpg last year), offence is not the issue this year. Other players have already replaced Belzile/Abbandonato/Richard production.

The issue is they are 31st in goals against.

Reactions: Nevins

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Durandeau is more of a point producer, so it's a plus there. Legare is a good bottom 6 presence, but the team is looking for offense right now. It's the same M.O. behind the Perrault trade. The team is already scoring a lot mind you, but it's a case where offense is the best defense I guess :⁠-⁠P

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They needed another tongue-twister name to annoy Anthony Marcotte who is already grappling with « Maillet », « Mailloux » and « maille à partir ».

• Haha
Reactions: 1909 and jrom

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
During his press conference, Hugues said that currently the Habs were looking for offensive talent and if possible Quebecers. I think the 2 recent trades are going in this direction and is an indicator of what they are aiming for the next draft.
Sacha Boisvert with Win's 1st?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad