Confirmed with Link: Canadiens acquire Arnaud Durandeau from NJ for Nathan Légaré (AHL Deal)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Both RFA at the end of the year. Durandeau had a very good offensive season last year, so they likely feel he gives Laval a better chance at making the playoffs.
Not a huge issue but I believe Laval only has a few right handed shooters and Légaré was one of them. Durandeau is a left handed shot.

Hopefully, the move works.

Reactions: jrom

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Legare was a nice player on the pk it seemed.

Would have preferred Kent trade a 7th for a guy like Tufte, or something, but hopefully this dude forechecks hard as Laval seems very tenacious

Agreed plus he was always physically involved and not taking sh*t from anyone post whistle. Oh well.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
You mean the Rocket acquires ... Segwick is the GM iirc

Correct, it's the Rocket acquires. But even though it's a deal for the AHL teams, technically, it's an NHL deal as both Légaré and Durandeau are on NHL contracts.

And it is Sedgwyck who is the Laval GM, but he surely lets HuGo know what he's up to.

Jul 6, 2016
No big deal here. Two AHL career players dealt for each other. I think Mysak and Perreault have more chances to play some games at NHL level.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Laval is 5th in the league in goals for (3.35 gpg vs 3.58 gpg last year), offence is not the issue this year. Other players have already replaced Belzile/Abbandonato/Richard production.

The issue is they are 31st in goals against.
Yep. Been saying it all year. They can’t play defence. I do see this and the Perault move as more of taking a chance that these guys can still develop into nhlers though, as opposed to scoring help in the ahl. Unless the plan is to win 7-6 games! Seriously though, a little improvement defensively, and Laval could be dangerous if they make the playoffs. They absolutely have the offensive talent and goaltending has been pretty solid. Having Bourque back might help in the D zone. It seemed to on the weekend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad