Canadian Soccer Part VI; O CANADA O BABY

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
How so?

I am not really talking about their level at all?
It was tongue in cheek really. The thought of Denmark needing to bunker down at all or to be mentioned with those you mentioned in the 3rd paragraph.

I would put them ahead of Portugal in pot 1 and I see them doing a bit of damage at this tournament, barring multiple cases of heatstroke.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
It was tongue in cheek really. The thought of Denmark needing to bunker down at all or to be mentioned with those you mentioned in the 3rd paragraph.

I would put them ahead of Portugal in pot 1 and I see them doing a bit of damage at this tournament, barring multiple cases of heatstroke.
Well, maybe I wasn’t clear enough, I didn’t really mean to say Wales and the Czechs were as good - Just examples of teams from different tiers who do not bunker down.

I am Canadian, but my mom is Danish, and so is my wife - So, I support Denmark aswell as Canada.

I hesitate saying we even get out the group (if we pull Peru)

I gave my reason for that in the early predictions thread.

I know Denmark are a good side, but last time (I know they are better now) we struggled against Peru.

And I generally tend to be a little pessimistic.

Last edited:
Reactions: al secord

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Mexico and the US have better squads than Canada and we saw what happened. No importance, we are so strong mentally that it will take a superteam to break Canada down, hence why I said I really think only France and Brazil can humble Canada.

tbh I am not a Morocco expert but aside from Hakimi, who is elite? Hakimi will go 1v1 against Davies luckily, I know their goalie was born in Montreal so may be extra motivated but Borjan is no lightweight neither. And their striker misses sitters after sitters for Sevilla, weak mentally with no composure, Iceman is much better. Anything can happen but I am not worried for Morocco. At All.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It's good that they are building up their stadium but why can't Pacific FC get a proper camera setup? It feels like the camera is not even at ground level but in a dugout. Why haven't they built a tower for the camera because the current setup is all but unwatchable?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Going to take some time for Forge to get going. Krutzen out still and a lot of new faces coming in.

Still favourites, especially since they have less fixtures this season with no CONCACAF.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Modric and Kovacic are looking pretty good.

giphy.gif

Reactions: al secord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad