Olympics: Canada vs USA

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Tested positive for covid before leaving the states

Yeah, I knew about Covid, but in the 1st period he
was behind his net on the boards and was hit in an awkward position and looked like he was really laboring in his mobility immediately after the contact. I was concerned about his status but he looked ok later. US is cooked w\o him that's how good he is.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
was behind his net on the boards and was hit in an awkward position and looked like he was really laboring in his mobility immediately after the contact. I was concerned about his status but he looked ok later. US is cooked w\o him that's how good he is.
I’m surprised he didn’t turn pro after last season. Obviously I’m glad he didn’t but he’s as good as gone after this season. He’s a treat to watch playing for UND

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I mean...I hope they win, but I don't exactly care that much. The hockey just hasn't been very good.

So does that mean you can't enjoy the game at any level but best on best? I guess that means we should only have 6 teams in the world made up of
Canada, US, Sweden, Finland, Russia and CR. Anything else, why bother watching?

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I’m surprised he didn’t turn pro after last season. Obviously I’m glad he didn’t but he’s as good as gone after this season. He’s a treat to watch playing for UND

On a totally unrelated NoDak note, my sons public HS line mate back in Mass was recruited by NoDak
back in 2005 out of the USHL. I was shocked they went after him. Can't imagine they have tried to recruit many Boston area kids and he went Hockey East.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Just like in any other tournament, the loss will be the best thing for Canada. I liked what I saw from Canada in the 2nd and 3rd period - minus the lack of finish and piss poor goaltending.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Just like in any other tournament, the loss will be the best thing for Canada. I liked what I saw from Canada in the 2nd and 3rd period - minus the lack of finish and piss poor goaltending.
Exactly this.. unless a team wants to go undefeated all the way to gold. Early losses CAN be a good thing.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
This was a harmless thread for an entertaining game with a bunch of players no one has heard of (in years) and it turns into endless insults when posters wake up and see the results of a game they didn't stay up and watch. Shame.

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
Whoever thought Julian was a good idea is a complete idiot

Holy shit did this look like some classic 2019 Habs hockey

We're also supposed to be physical but not fast ( which is stupid) but don't lay the body

McTavish is the only one who actually looks good

Why Levi isn't playing/ dubnyk got left home makes me question if we actually know what we're doing

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
If you aren’t watching please kindly exit the thread. Contrary to what you may believe, nobody cares what you are personally interested in watching.

If I don’t watch a particular tv show or listen to a band, I dont barge into discussions about that show or band to let people know I dont watch or listen and that I don’t care.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Have to admit, I really enjoyed the game last night - it was so much fun to watch.

TBH, If it had been best on best, I would have been sick before, during and after the game - to the point where I would not have enjoyed the hockey. Instead, I got to cheer for Canada and be entertained by a terrific game.

Well done USA on the win.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
If you aren’t watching please kindly exit the thread. Contrary to what you may believe, nobody cares what you are personally interested in watching.

If I don’t watch a particular tv show or listen to a band, I dont barge into discussions about that show or band to let people know I dont watch or listen and that I don’t care.
I'll double down on this as a mod.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Why would I watch if I didn't care/ worry about the result lol

Of course I'm going to be pissed if we look like trash

It's not like it's been high quality you watch because you want to see the win
I'm not saying you can't be invested or care but...

It was a harmless round robin game and, minus the first period and piss poor goaltending, Canada played well. This loss will be a positive.

I more upset about the curling than last night's hockey game. ;)

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
I'm not saying you can't be invested or care but...

It was a harmless game and, minus the first period and piss poor goaltending, Canada played well. This loss will be a positive.

I more upset about the curling than last night's game. (smile)

Our curling is definitely more worrying I have no clue what's going on

Our head coach is trying to play this like it's the 2009 cup finals and we're most likely about to get garbage dumped

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad