GDT: Canada vs Suomi @3pm PT/ 6pm ET/ 1am EEST

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
It has been amazing to read some of your posters in the TF thread talking about how much they can't stand the Canadian posters for not holding anything sacred after a loss and that there is a gentlemens code among Finnish fans when absorbing losses yet I come here to witness this tirade about commercial breaks. I won't even get into the sex deviancy cracks a few of you have taken in game threads the last little while.

Thank God there are some good ones among your group, same with ours, because there are always going to be the ones that are off the rails.

It's a f***in hockey game, some of you need to cool it.

Hey let's just mute each other and everything is fine after that. Nothing I hate more than out of context replys. Such where a person reads only some parts of the post, assumes I have an agenda, other than I like fair stuff for all teams. Regardless if that was Finland at a disadvantage in that situation.

• Haha
Reactions: LeapOnOver

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
:laugh: I say this for the 3rd time, since you are making amazing out of context replys.

This is what I think. If Canada was behind 2-5, in front of a home crowd. They wouldn't have squeezed in two commercial breaks inside that 5 min PP. They would've put just one commercial break there. It wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game, so I'm not complaining about that. I just hate that kind of BS they are doing and it's not team Canada's fault. Team Canada isn't asking for that.

Keep in mind that I didn't care about the result of the game, not before the game and not if Finland won that game, the result didn't matter. You can see that from my post history.

It was not a playoff game. Finland and Canada were locked to get Germany & Switzerland anyways. It was just a practice game going into the game to me. So I'm not writing about Finland being able to win that game if there were less commercial breaks. I hate the fact that they had to squeeze in two commercial breaks there instead of one.

and you would be blatantly incorrect. The broadcaster doesn't choose when commercial breaks happen. Since you like counting that's the 5th time someone has told you that in the last hour. They happen the first whistle after the 6th, 10th and 14th minutes of each period except for icings and whistles during minor penalties. You can make up as many hypotheticals as you want it won't make you correct.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I for one think that TSN should have a button to dial up a commercial break next time Canada gives up a breakaway.

• Haha
Reactions: jj cale

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I for one think that TSN should have a button to dial up a commercial break next time Canada gives up a breakaway.

Come on man, they don't decide when the whistles happen.

They however could decide to sound the horn to end the period then and make the next period longer because they get to choose things like that.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Since you like counting that's the 5th time someone has told you that in the last hour. They happen the first whistle after the 6th, 10th and 14th minutes of each period except for icings and whistles during minor penalties. You can make up as many hypotheticals as you want it won't make you correct.

No dude, it's only you saying that. You should go reading what I mean. I'm saying the second commercial break would come after the major ended if roles were reversed. One minute here or there in favor of the home team. It's not very hard to do that. That's all I'm saying.

• Haha

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Come on man, they don't decide when the whistles happen.

They however could decide to sound the horn to end the period then and make the next period longer because they get to choose things like that.
Given that the game had a pretty lopsided score, I suspect that TSN intentionally didn't show the angle in which the puck hit the mesh before Finland scored its second goal. Get the score closer so more viewers will stick with the game. It's not very hard to do. That's all I'm saying.

• Haha
Reactions: Statsy

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Given that the game had a pretty lopsided score, I suspect that TSN intentionally didn't show the angle in which the puck hit the mesh before Finland scored its second goal. Get the score closer so more viewers will stick with the game. It's not very hard to do. That's all I'm saying.

Stop being silly. They don't decide what angles the refs have. What they actually probably did was cut a few inches off the glass before the game in an camera blind spot just in case it happened in an attempt to help Canada and it actually backfired

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011

How old are you? I'm done with you.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
How old are you? I'm done with you.

Old enough to realize that TV networks don't have the power or inclination to impact games via scheduling commercials. You should be done though, your posts on the matter are pretty embarrassing.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
How about we just enjoy the games and not be at each others throats around here?

I know, it's a far out concept to suggest around here.

Can you ask that from your fellow Canadians? They are the ones making out of context jokes. Trying to make me look bad. I'm glad that good Canadian posters exist on these forums. Else I'd stop writing here.

• Haha

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Stop being silly. They don't decide what angles the refs have. What they actually probably did was cut a few inches off the glass before the game in an camera blind spot just in case it happened in an attempt to help Canada and it actually backfired
Ah yes, similar to TSN's master plan with the camera in the 2020 gold medal game. Not all of TSN's Machiavellian schemes can work out.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Thank God this guy wasn’t watching in that Gold Medal Game when TSN strategically placed their camera to prevent a Canadian puck-over-glass call! :phew:

Ah yes, similar to TSN's master plan with the camera in the 2020 gold medal game. Not all of TSN's Machiavellian schemes can work out.
You beat me to it by 30 seconds. You bastard! :laugh:

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Can you ask that from your fellow Canadians? They are the ones making out of context jokes. Trying to make me look bad. I'm glad that good Canadian posters exist on these forums. Else I'd stop writing here.
I don't think either side needs to resort to some of the stuff that is pulled around here, We should be able to discuss the games and not go off the board.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I don't think either side needs to resort to some of the stuff that is pulled around here, We should be able to discuss the games and not go off the board.

Well you are the closest thing to a good poster among those other guys I just muted and I'm glad that you are trying to be like sort of the peace keeper here but the way to go about it for you is not to call someone a bad poster. I may not find you a good poster either you know? I don't need to say that you are a bad poster, because I'm not attacking at anyone, unless there's someone attacking me. In that case I'm probably allowed to defend myself right? In such case where there happens to be only Canadian posters in this thread this late of the day, I don't expect my simple objective opinion to have any kind of support through all the bias, because the bias is very one sided this late of the day. It's easy to make someone look bad via out of context jokes that way.

Thank God there are some good ones among your group, same with ours, because there are always going to be the ones that are off the rails.

What I started writing about originally is this and these guys are trying to make my original post about something that is irrelevant:

Two commercial breaks inside a 5 min major PP happened. The last break happened at one minute left in the major. It's easy for the broadcasting team to move that commercial break that happened at 1 minute left in the major mark to after the major ended, because one commercial break had already happened. I think that the broacasting team could've easily just moved the timing of the second commercial break by one minute in one way or another based on which team is the one trailing behind in score. Some of the posters replied to me and said "no it's impossible they can't move the commercial breaks timing. They only happen at x and x minutes". No they aren't so strict at that, I can guarantee you that. There's just one person directing it for TSN and deciding when and where they put the commercial break to. Canada4gold you said that it's completely impossible that they would move the commercial break by 1 minute, is a bizarre thing to say. Then doing toxic jokes about it after is not a great look either. Some people on this forum is here to just piss off other posters, I guess we call it trolling and we gladly have the mute button for those people.

Do I find it a great conspiracy what happened? No. It's just another new thing that home teams seem to get. Let's call it a little home favor.

Why do I find a commercial break during a major so strange? I don't find it strange, I find it strange that they had to put two different commercial breaks inside one major. It's something I don't usually see. I usually see just one commercial break during one major. The fact that it helped Canada here makes me raise an eye brow and wonder if the same thing would've happened if the home team would remain the same but other things would be reversed. I think in that case if Canada would be the one behind in score and having that major PP, they could easily just put the commercial break started one minute later after the major since one commercial break had already happened during that same major penalty.

Do I think that Team Canada's coach made a phone call in panic to TSN to put a commercial break in that exact spot to save team Canada in a 5-1 situation? No. TSN people make their own decisions and they are humans and can be biased as well. It's easy to move the timing of the second commercial one minute this or that direction and make it look like a harmless little thing, since there are no consequences.

Do I think that the commercial breaks during a major mattered on the outcome of the game. No, Finland would've lost regardless in my opinion.

Is Finland the team I root for? Yes.

Though do I care about Finland doing well in the tournament? Yes I do.

Did I care about the result of this game before the game started? No I didn't and you can see that from my post history if you feel like searching.

Do I care about things being as fair as possible for every team? Yes I do.

But didn't it help Finland's PP1 unit as well to get some rest because of the commercial breaks? No, it only helped Canada. Finland has two strong PP units and in fact the most lethal shooter, Kemell is in the second unit, surrounded by Lambert and many other very good PP players.

Am I biased for Finland? Sometimes, but that has nothing to do with the point I'm trying to make and some puck over the glass goal has nothing to do with this. I just hate to see any team getting an advantage like this or being the other team that the advantage works against. Imagine seeing that stuff happening in a gold medal game. I see it happening, hence I'm writing about it.

I can comment on what I think about your out of context replys about the puck over the glass thing. It's problematic and I don't know if it was a goal or not. If they don't have cameras up there, then how can they change their original call then, which was to accept the goal. Ismo Lehkonen, who is Artturi Lehkonen's dad and a former high level coach who was in the Finnish studio and an assistant broadcaster thought that it was the right call to make, given the situation where the original decision was to accept the goal, but he may be biased as well so I don't know.

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
:laugh: I say this for the 3rd time, since you are making amazing out of context replys.

This is what I think. If Canada was behind 2-5, in front of a home crowd. They wouldn't have squeezed in two commercial breaks inside that 5 min PP. They would've put just one commercial break there and putting the second commercial break right after the major would've ended. It wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game, so I'm not complaining about that. I just hate that kind of BS they are doing and it's not team Canada's fault. Team Canada isn't asking for that.

Keep in mind that I didn't care about the result of the game, not before the game and not if Finland won that game, the result didn't matter. You can see that from my post history.

It was not a playoff game. Finland and Canada were locked to get Germany & Switzerland anyways. It was just a practice game going into the game to me. So I'm not writing about Finland being able to win that game if there were less commercial breaks. I hate the fact that they had to squeeze in two commercial breaks there instead of one.
This is not something where anyone has any discretion. The commercial breaks are predetermined. You couldn't sound more clueless here if you tried.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Because you say so?
No, because there are protocols in place based on contracts with sponsors.

I know you want to think someone is out there trying to risk their job for the slightest of edges in a game that wasn't even close, but that's just your brain trying to delude you.

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
No, because there are protocols in place based on contracts with sponsors.

I know you want to think someone is out there trying to risk their job for the slightest of edges in a game that wasn't even close, but that's just your brain trying to delude you.

You are completely wrong. There is no risk. No one will risk their job here. There are no consequences if the commercial break starts at the timing x or 1 minute after the x.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Nah, you're a lost cause. Imagine crying "conspiracy" when people were literally doing exactly what they were supposed to do.

Yes and if you had read anything. That's exactly what I'm saying here. It's not a conspiracy, we agree on that sir. You are pretty clueless on what I'm trying to say. I don't know why you call anyone clueless?

• Haha

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yes and if you had read anything. That's exactly what I'm saying here. It's not a conspiracy, we agree on that sir. You are pretty clueless on what I'm trying to say. I don't know why you call anyone clueless?
Obviously because you don't have a clue.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Enjoy…

D9E41C24-71C6-49DE-95D8-9064958C0C72.jpeg

54E80FB9-4C46-447C-B617-BF1AD5D82137.jpeg

8ECE6631-1BE2-480C-A565-16C2E1D90039.jpeg

3604834F-3F92-4F8A-969B-52DE6A236E82.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad