GDT: Canada Vs China

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
mcbain-thumb-1200w.jpg
Right now he is thinking of another meeting, in bed.

Reactions: expy

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Team Canadas gotta play better if they want to beat Sweden. My gosh they can thank China for the stupid penalties which padded the score. Also why does stall have to be the first liner. I think Johnson, ho sang and even mctavish might be better.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
When you say "we", are you taking about Canada or China? Either way, the Canadian World Junior team would be better than both teams on the ice.

No bloody way our junior team will beat anyone accept for China bro…..

we gotta stop investing Eric Staal as our first line now...... Our commentators are getting boners that he's gotten a couple points...

yes on the power play against a echler goalie... some adjustments needs to be made, instead of giving Eric Staal the Veteran treatment, we need to give an extra look to other guys.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Stack any WJC team against a proper senior men's team and they probably get absolutely wrecked... and it might be pretty close vs. KHL China

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Stack any WJC team against a proper senior men's team and they probably get absolutely wrecked... and it might be pretty close vs. KHL China

Russia's WJC team regularly plays exhibitions against KHL teams and pretty much always lose. The KHL teams don't really try either. The point of the games isn't to steamroll a bunch of kids.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
You might want to look at the U.S.A roster.
USA has 5 players from its World Juniors roster. 3 more 20 year olds, 3 more 22 year olds, 5 more 23 year olds.

Putting the best Juniors you have appears to be a pretty good idea, but just bringing along the whole team is likely not. Too early to tell but USA's "go young" supplemented by old guys appears to have been a better strategy than Canada's "go old" supplemented by young guys, we'll see how the knockout round shakes out all the same.

There's a pretty big 4-year difference in development between 23 year olds and 19 year olds though. The 19 year olds that USA (and Canada) brought are all very high-end with high NHL potential. Dunno if there's the "issue" that less Canadian guys play NCAA hockey so more 22-23 year olds are already under NHL type contracts and either in the AHL or NHL. Dunno what the protocol was for releasing "tweeners" (if NHL teams kept them off the list because they may need to call them up due to injuries/COVID/trade deadline stuff)

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Man, that was tough to see Smith go down the way he did. I would be really interested to find out specifically what his injury was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad