GDT: Canada v Finland (Gold Medal Game)

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Surprised this wasn’t posted yet. About 45 minutes to puck drop.

Should a be a good game. Looking forward to this one.
Me, too.

It will be nice to watch an international game where I am not stressed - if we lose, we lose.

Gold, Canada, Gold.

Reactions: snipes

Canada is best bro

Jun 5, 2021
Toronto
22EE53DC-4BCC-4955-AF95-514074002659.jpeg

671C190E-6614-4453-A104-1EC1E06966EB.gif

Jetland162702

Pup-peroni Junkie
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
I think it will be a close game. The Fins rarely get blown out because of the style they play. The key for Canada is to get a lead and force Finland to open things up and then capitalize on transition.
Go Canada Go

Reactions: Plural

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think it will be a close game. The Fins rarely get blown out because of the style they play. The key for Canada is to get a lead and force Finland to open things up and then capitalize on transition.
Go Canada Go

First goal will probably be extremely important for both teams.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
So the Finnish pregame show just switched over to TSN with Ferraro and co in the studio in an apparently planned nmove with the commentators greeting Finnish fans and I thought that was pretty cool! That got me curious as to whether the opposite happened for TSN viewers?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
We got Finnish sisu against Canadian heart and soul.

Even though teams this year aren’t as strong as they usually are, it’s still international hockey and it’s still meaningful even if it isn’t a best-on-best tournament it still matters.

Finns have really been on the rise the last 5-10 years. Excellent coaching has always been a hallmark for them but they have really talented players in the NHL who aren’t here as well.

Nice to have a finals between probably the two most hockey obsessed nations on earth where the sport is a clear number #1 sport and has significant cultural importance in a way you don’t necessarily see in every major hockey nation.

Hopefully the Canadian boys come out flying and get our Canadian version of this going on before the game:

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Go Canada Go

Yup. Finns need the lead so they can force their game. If Canada takes early lead, it forces Finns to open up their plan and take more risks. That's a potential for blowout in Canadas favor.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
I hope Olkinuora will be in the zone again tonight. We need it.

I already put some money on the line for Canada's W so I have a cushion to land on if gold slips from our hands. Hoping for a good game and consistent reffing (it has not been to my taste this tournament, but at least they've kept it the same), better team wins.

Great99

Apr 12, 2016
I see its TSN4 in Canada that broadcast the game, is that a wide spread channel in Canada or it extra channel for Sports freaks

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
One thing is certain before the puck even drops. The gold medal will go to a northern country :D

We laugh in the face -30 Celsius weather.

In fact I prefer -15 Celsius to +35 Celsius like it was here in Alberta last week.

We love our frozen lands. Let’s us play the best sport on earth outside with members of our community.

It’s the exact same with the same love of the sport in Suomi as well.

member 305909

If Canada wins this it will go down as one of the least deserved tournament-victories of any sport.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
If Canada wins this it will go down as one of the least deserved tournament-victories of any sport.

Are you kidding me, they had grind out win after win after win just to get there and then knocked out the #1 and #2 seed in the QF and SF. Then the #3 seed in the Gold medal gamely they win.

How is that undeserved?

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Plural

Mar 10, 2011

We got Finnish sisu against Canadian heart and soul.

Even though teams this year aren’t as strong as they usually are, it’s still international hockey and it’s still meaningful even if it isn’t a best-on-best tournament it still matters.

Finns have really been on the rise the last 5-10 years. Excellent coaching has always been a hallmark for them but they have really talented players in the NHL who aren’t here as well.

Nice to have a finals between probably the two most hockey obsessed nations on earth where the sport is a clear number #1 sport and has significant cultural importance in a way you don’t necessarily see in every major hockey nation.

Hopefully the Canadian boys come out flying and get our Canadian version of this going on before the game:

There's also a nice cultural similarity. Finns are quiet and stoic. They tend to be helpful, but not make any noise about it. Highly skilled in tech sector with strong agricultural knowhow. Majority of landmass is covered in forest or lakes.

Reactions: snipes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad