Canada makes cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Daigneault had the best save % in the inter squad games , kinda surprising 2 see Fehr cut that fast too .

Hitman*

Fehr cut!?! Was he really that unimpressive in the intersquad games? I would have thought that the team would want his size up front. I was certain either him or Bernier would make the team.

I'm also suprised to see Andre Benoit cut this quickly. I would have thought he'd be kept around until they found out how White was doing.

leafaholix*

Damn... I was hoping for Fehr to make the team.

Not surprised with any of the others... especially Adam Courchaine... he shouldn't have even been invited.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Bonzai said:
:eek: I'm surprised to see Fehr cut. He is scoring like mad in Brandon. Not only did I think he would make the team, but I thought he'd have a pretty big role too. Oh well.

I had a conversation with a season ticket holder in Brandon and he had some very uncomplimentary things to say about Eric Fehr regarding his lack of toughness (he described him as "bluff tough" who doesn't mix it up unless he's surrounded by his teammates in a scrum). I found the comments somewhat puzzling because he has been putting up great numbers at the WHL level.

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
My guess as to why Fehr was cut had to do with him in competition with Brent Burns for the same kind of spot. I would say they play a similar styled game (similar size too) and Burns is just that much better (plus NHL experience).

TWS

Jul 8, 2002
Visit site
So now that they have made their first cuts, how many more players do they have to trim? Also, I am interested in how Tambellini has looked so far(I believe he has been invited to the camp).

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
kngbryn said:
So now that they have made their first cuts, how many more players do they have to trim? Also, I am interested in how Tambellini has looked so far(I believe he has been invited to the camp).
Jeff looked very good today, scored on an amazing shot. The goal was very Sakic like as he came down the wing at top speed and snaped it top corner in full stride. He forechecked hard and was very strong on the puck, created some chances for his linemates and backchecked hard as well. I thought he could of had at least a couple of assists if his linemates had played better. Overall i was very impressed with his play tonight.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
surixon said:
Jeff looked very good today, scored on an amazing shot. The goal was very Sakic like as he came down the wing at top speed and snaped it top corner in full stride.

You captured my feeling. I was watching the game and when Jeff scored, the first word that came to mind was "Sakic".

This guy could have been taken a tad earlier in the draft, IMO. If you can unleash a quality shot in gear like that, it's pretty scary. I hear the rest of his game is pretty good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad