Canada line juggling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Word out of Vienna is Shane Doan is going back to the Draper/Maltby line for tommorow's big game...Ryan Smtyh will move on up to the Morrison/Heatley #2 line.
Obviously our #3 line will have a checking assignment to handle with Palffy/Stumpel...personally I like it...this was the "original look" of Team Canada at the start of the tourney...but things were shaken up when the team was looking to get some offensive depth.
Offensive depth has surfaced...from Rick Nash,Rick Nash and Rick Nash...so the focus is back to what it was at the outset of the tourney :propeller

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Everest said:
Word out of Vienna is Shane Doan is going back to the Draper/Maltby line for tommorow's big game...Ryan Smtyh will move on up to the Morrison/Heatley #2 line.
Obviously our #3 line will have a checking assignment to handle with Palffy/Stumpel...personally I like it...this was the "original look" of Team Canada at the start of the tourney...but things were shaken up when the team was looking to get some offensive depth.
Offensive depth has surfaced...from Rick Nash,Rick Nash and Rick Nash...so the focus is back to what it was at the outset of the tourney :propeller
Giving the grind line a shut down role would be really good because they have really done next to nothing on offense, Draper is not skating like Draper can skate. Doan has not been super either, fitness looks to be an issue for these guys. If they can continue to PK well and shut down a Slovak top unit they will have done their job.

Bruzin

Jan 13, 2003
Berlin
Visit site
Here is my idea.

Why not just give the Thronton, Nash and Gagne line the head-to-head match up with the Stumpel and Palffy line? I'm confident that they would be able to outperform any line with Stumpel on it... Nash and Thronton may not be the best defensive players, but they're big and they could definately throw Stumpel off his game and practically eliminate his playmaking abilities. Pallfy will be Pallfy. No checking line is going to stop his production, but he also isn't going to shut down two big, strong players like Thornton and Nash Oh, and Gagne is a great defensive player. He could help shut down Palffy. I'm not big on having a checking line in these tournaments, so if I was the coach, I would go for a match-up like this.

By the way, who is the third player on the Stumpel-Palffy line?

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
Canada is best playing fire with fire against Slovakia (not implying that they should open the flood gates and play no defence). The Slovaks have more than one line that can seriously burn you, so there's no point in line matching, and create bad turnovers/lack of ice time for offensive lines and stuff.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Steveorama said:
I believe it is Marian Hossa. Pretty impressive line, really.
Exactly...The Slovaks are preoccupied with the Chara match against Thornton/Nash...and we need to keep this line away from Chara...that neccesity will dictate what forwards play against our top line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad