GDT: Canada - Latvia

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Yay another final.

Good for Latvia. Some good young players hopefully this grows the game even more in Latvia.

Nothing like Latvian fans at the World's.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Empty netter and done. I would have loved to see the underdog becoming the most improbable finalist in history, but the Canadian victory is undoubtedly deserved. Good luck to them in the final and to Latvia in the bronze medal game!

Reactions: NyQuil

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Good effort from Latvia, but not enough, first medal games for them anyways, so huge result.

Luolis

May 11, 2016
Finland
Congratulations Canada! Deserved win at the end of the day. Very "un-Canadian" style team and very nice to watch.

Also congratulations to Latvia. What a fight! Gave nothing free to Canada and still bronze match to go.

Reactions: jj cale and NyQuil

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
O Canada.

Off for Gold now. Well done boys, good atmosphere at the game. Would have been nice if this was played in Riga but the Latvian as usual travelled well.

Will be pulling for Latvia in the bronze game.

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
Rule nr.1 as a defenseman: Do not turn your back towards the ice and Weegar has done it twice this game.
Yeah, he will draw penalties like that, but also might cut his career short if he keeps doing that. He doesn't strike me as the smartest player in general, I was pulling my hair out watching his brainfarts in the playoffs last year.

Canada deserved the victory in the end, even if I'm sad about Latvia not making it. GG.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Not going to lie, would have been nice to see Latvia advance.

You see how devastated, or disappointed their fans, coaches and players are. We in Canada might have criticized the team, but ultimately don't care.

Hopefully Latvia wins bronze !

Reactions: YippieKaey

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Good game Latvia, you gave us all we could handle for sure great tournament for you.

Lot's of disappointed souls in here now but you will have to wait another day to get your rocks off boys.

Reactions: Jimmy71

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Well, I don't like this Weegar guy, that was unpleasant. Latvians are really great fans, crazy stuff.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
[MOD: Quoted post was deleted]

Cheap shot Latvians. Twice Weegar is hit head first into the boards and no ejection. Didn't care who won until the slew foot and first hit on Weegar. Seider gets a bs ejection a couple of games ago for a hit when the asshole ooponent turned into the boards 2 seconds before the hit. Weegar was facing the boards the entire time on both hits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad