GDT: "Canada Day Massacre" | Free Agent Frenzy | 7.1.19 | 10 AM MST

Who will the Oilers sign in free agency?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quinteoilers

Jan 7, 2012
Why not try and get Anders Lee? I’m probably pretty sure Oilers didn’t talk to him, but a left field offer might get his attention.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
I bet Chiasson took less to come here. Prices are crazy high. Insane to think you will get him for less than 2.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Stauffer origanally said Holland had a lot of balls in the air, more than he thought.....wonder what those were?
connoly, Smith, nyquist, boyle, chiasson, granlund, sekera buyout, etc, were all being considered I assume.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
We have like...10 roster players signed for next year. 15 mill is nothing.
McDavid +Draisaitl + RNH = 1/2 Top 6 F
Klefbom + Nurse +Larsson =3/4 Top 4 D
Bouchard + Jones = 1 Top 6 D
Benson + Kharia + Chiasson + Mardy = 1/2 Bottom 6.

We just need to aquire a top 6 F in a trade then sign depth offensive guys. Goaltending may need to be reevaluated.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Kreider would be a great fit.

Hard to be upset with Holland today, Chia left him with such a mess.

I'm perfectly okay with not signing any big names today, our focus should be unloading the Lucic, Russell, and Manning contracts.

Reactions: Haggard and Kolja

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
woke up this morning to sunshine, then free agancy started, an it clouded over, and is raining..
giphy.gif

Reactions: KYams17

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
You have no idea, talking like this is just stirring up **** for no reason.
A skilled top 6 center not having a single top 6 NHL winger to play with for the 3rd year in a row. Yes thinking he will walk if this continues is just stirring shit up. Give me a break.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Get real man. I love Sekera but what has he done the last 2 years? Nothing. He has been injured. Maybe consider looking past today and consider what may happen in the future. So what if the Oilers are in a playoff race at the trade deadline? What if at that time they need to fill some holes left due to injuries? That is when the cap space will be valuable. Losing a player that never plays is not DISASTROUS. I just dont get this kind of post. It is just so narrow minded.

If you think the Oilers are going to be in the playoff race at the trade deadline, then I don't think we have much more to discuss. This is, another, bottom-10 finish for this team. No doubt about it.

Reactions: McJesusSaves97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad