GDT: CAN vs. AUT May 14, 2024

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
I didn't watch the game because I thought it will be a clear result and Austria won't have any chance against Canada. Can anybody tell me what happened to the Canadians that they lost the game after a 6 - 1 lead?

Reactions: Summer Rose

CanadaIsIrrelevant

Mar 20, 2011
I didn't watch the game because I thought it will be a clear result and Austria won't have any chance against Canada. Can anybody tell me what happened to the Canadians that they lost the game after a 6 - 1 lead?

Collapse. Bad defensive play. Stopped caring.

It was a little of everything.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Well, that was weird. Even if we take into account the many posters who go on about how the Canadians don't take the group games seriously. But Switzerland definitely does take those games seriously and the Austrians scored 5 against them. Now I am supposed to worry about a game against the Austrians for the first time in my life as a fan of the Czech team??
Yes, you are right; we also had problems winning against Austria. What we can learn from the Austrian games against Switzerland and Canada is to never underestimate your opponent and to keep concentrating the whole game until the last second.

I think there is no reason for you to be worried. The coaching team of the Czech Republic surely know how to prepare their team. If the Czechs don't underestimate Austria and begin to neglecting their own game and the defense, they should win it, even if it's a tough game.

I don't think the Czechs consider it an easy game that they can win by passing. They noticed the mistakes of Switzerland and Canada and won't copy them.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Yes, you are right; we also had problems winning against Austria. What we can learn from the Austrian games against Switzerland and Canada is to never underestimate your opponent and to keep concentrating the whole game until the last second.

I think there is no reason for you to be worried. The coaching team of the Czech Republic surely know how to prepare their team. If the Czechs don't underestimate Austria and begin to neglecting their own game and the defense, they should win it, even if it's a tough game.

I don't think the Czechs consider it an easy game that they can win by passing. They noticed the mistakes of Switzerland and Canada and won't copy them.
The only problem is that unlike Switzerland and Canada, our team has no actual goal scorer. And it’s our own fault - some were available but the coach decided against taking them. So now we have a team of good, honest workers who play with heart and skate and skate and skate… But who will score? 😀

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
It is an amazing comeback by the Austrians, but as for Canada's roster isn't it mediocre? There are a few good players but also some whose best days are behind them and some who I would expect to be so far down the invitation list that we'd expect them to be golfing by now.

Let's look at it this way. I'm Finnish and I'd be willing to trade the Finnish roster to Canada's roster. Please, let's do that. Thinking it this way, Canada's roster doesn't look that bad.

I think if the rosters on paper would be the only thing that mattered it would be clearly a Sweden vs Canada final.

Bookmaking mafia... Someone should take care of this match. Canada gave it back.

Someone made a lot of $$$.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Guhle made a horrible turnover that led to the tying goal.
Binnington was atrocious for Canada
5 goals on 9 shots in the 3rd

Tavares scored in 10 seconds in OT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad