Can Vegas offer sheet players next year?

defact0

Jul 24, 2014
Hi everybody! My roommate and I were wondering about ways the Lost Wages will be able to get the ball rolling, and we weren't sure whether they can offer sheet RFAs right now. They'll have all the picks, so... :help::popcorn:

BlueShirts702

Mar 28, 2008
City of Sin
Hi everybody! My roommate and I were wondering about ways the Lost Wages will be able to get the ball rolling, and we weren't sure whether they can offer sheet RFAs right now. They'll have all the picks, so... :help::popcorn:

That's the good question and I'd guess the answer is yes.

Now if they want to risk the rancor of the other organizations....that's something else entirely.

defact0

Jul 24, 2014
That's the good question and I'd guess the answer is yes.

Now if they want to risk the rancor of the other organizations....that's something else entirely.

What would a player do all season if he had been offersheeted by the Wranglers? Go play in Sweden?? :cry:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

why would they?

they would be giving top picks--with the way previous expansion drafts have gone--they will be in the lotto for a few years

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
I think we can't offer sheet now because the team isn't operating yet. But next summer sure, and why not give offer sheets up to 1.3M which wouldn't take compensation, especially to divisional rivals.
Goalies and D shouldn't be a problem for years, use offer sheets to get future forwards.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Offer sheeting other team's young players in your first operational offseason would not be a good way to build relationships for future trade partners etc.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Offer sheeting other team's young players in your first operational offseason would not be a good way to build relationships for future trade partners etc.

Exactly. We're already putting a strain on other teams with the expansion draft...well not we but because of this team, other teams need to be careful with their moves. Throwing an offer sheet at a team is a terrible move to do on top of that.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Offer sheets? Hell no. Need those firsts to build up the high-end talent.

If anything, Vegas can pluck the best available player from several DEEP rosters and trade said player back for an enticing package of picks, prospects, players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad