Can the NHL suspend someone due to an attempt with blatant intent

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
The flying elbow is not easy to ignore. What if aside, that was an intentional act to injure. What if should not be the reasoning here. The act itself indeed happen, if not the result.
What if the dog had not taken a "pause for the cause" while chasing the fox?

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
"Sell an injury"? What the hell are you even talking about. He got up a bit slow after getting kicked in the back of his head.
The hit while violent missed 99% of the him and he acted like he was sniped from rafters.

He should be suspended on general principle. If he had succeeded he might have killed his target. This is even worse than the cook elbow on Savard because he's flying at his victim with his entire weight and all his speed. Not even Matt Cooke is THIS dirty, and Cooke was a piece of work and then some.

Thank God he missed.

Absolutely unbelievable. I have no idea how you can stand here and say that with a straight face. Trouba tried to kill that man, then landed on him and nearly skate-bladed him to the face. There is no place for that in the NHL.

Trouba needs to be suspended for the remainder of the playoffs. If Marchand did something like that as a Bruins fan I'd be calling for a suspension right along with everyone else.
Lots of "nearly" in that statement

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Badminton is a good sport, not too scary but I'm warning you, they do hit the shuttlecock hard at times. If you don't like hitting GTFO and watch something that doesn't frighten you.

I'm getting bored of "hockey fans" wanting to implement non-hitting rules.

That’s cool.

I’m getting bored with “hockey fans” wanting to assume my stance on a point I make maybe to suit whatever narrative they have or downplay something, and fail this tremendously.

I never said anything about stopping hitting. I’m saying that the league needs to have at least a chat with Mr. Trouba about how stupid and careless all three portions of that sequence were, and if he does anything like that again, he’ll have enough history to get a Todd Bertuzzi-level punishment and 12 months to cool his heels.

Tell me where I said anything about “non-hitting.” It became an obvious intent to injure instead of a hit once his desired point of contact was his upraised arm.

1715293136996.png

[mod] Remove that garbage from the sport and those people that complain about hitting won’t have these incidents to parade around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cptjeff

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I mean it should these dudes are professionally hockey players they should know to keep the elbow tucked and follow through with a shoulder
Trouba fully knows that that's what he's supposed to do. But his objective- not just in this hit, but frequently- is to injure opposing players, knowing that the NHL never actually seriously enforces their rules against doing that. This isn't an innocent mistake, this is actively malevolent.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Trouba fully knows that that's what he's supposed to do. But his objective- not just in this hit, but frequently- is to injure opposing players, knowing that the NHL never actually seriously enforces their rules against doing that. This isn't an innocent mistake, this is actively malevolent.
If the league wants to ensure player safety they should face larger suspensions and get fined 10-30% of salary

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
I can't say what I truly want to happen to Trouba so I'll just hope he retires before he shortens too many more lives with his blatant headshots

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Two threads in two different forums. Impressive for an absolutely ineffective player who's on the ice for so many goals against his own club.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Of course someone could be suspended for attempt to injure even if there is no injury but I would think the bar is set at something that would beyond a normal hockey play where it could go wrong.

If someone were to try to tomahawk chop at someone's head or a round house kick with the skates towards someone, claiming that nothing happened because it was a miss won't impress the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad