Speculation: Can Nash be like Brassard?

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Except show you his defensive forward voting which completely supports my case and trumps yours, although you refuse to accept it?

pretty hilarious how in 7 of the last 10 years he got ZERO selke votes in the top 5 (and there are a LOT of voters, nearly 150 to be exact, its not like the vezina)

then suddenly in the last year he exploded for 38 votes. its almost like he "evolved" his game, to my original post

Have you seen some of the players getting votes? The voting is done by writers, 90% of which don't watch half the players brought into question.

Mike Ribeiro has gotten selke votes in the past.

Also, you're the same guy that said Girardi finishing 6th in Norris Voting in 2012 was a fluke and now you're going to use Selke Voting for an argument when the same flawed system (by your standards as well as mine) determines placing?

You also just admitted that you're strictly going on voting. You've done nothing to talk about his play on a nightly basis. Thank you for proving my point.

I'd tell you to join our Game day threads and talk about what happened in the game while it's going on, since you watch the Rangers so much, but I'm not going to hold my breath since I don't see you A. Having center ice and B. Having the balls to actually follow through and back your lies up.

For the record, I don't like Nash. I want him gone. So my affiliation to team has nothing to do with the fact that for the last 5 seasons I've watched almost every game he's played and you haven't.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Can the Rangers do a similar deal with Nash like they did with OTT?

Trade Nash for a younger winger with potential and a 2nd round pick.

If anyone takes Nash at all NYR will be just as lucky as they got when Ott overpaid.

I'd say enjoy NYR pulling one over on a Canadian team like a few others have but don't expect it to be a trend.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Have you seen some of the players getting votes? The voting is done by writers, 90% of which don't watch half the players brought into question.

Mike Ribeiro has gotten selke votes in the past.

Also, you're the same guy that said Girardi finishing 6th in Norris Voting in 2012 was a fluke and now you're going to use Selke Voting for an argument when the same flawed system (by your standards as well as mine) determines placing?

You also just admitted that you're strictly going on voting. You've done nothing to talk about his play on a nightly basis. Thank you for proving my point.

I'd tell you to join our Game day threads and talk about what happened in the game while it's going on, since you watch the Rangers so much, but I'm not going to hold my breath since I don't see you A. Having center ice and B. Having the balls to actually follow through and back your lies up.

For the record, I don't like Nash. I want him gone. So my affiliation to team has nothing to do with the fact that for the last 5 seasons I've watched almost every game he's played and you haven't.

LOLOLOLOL i never said Girardi getting 6th in Norris in 2012 was a fluke, either you have misquoted me (likely) or mixed me up with someone else (also likely)

but all i have ever said about girardi is that he is a terrible possession player now and Torts' shot blocking system made him an all star because it catered to his strengths (shot blocking and positoning) and masked his weaknesses due to the rigid structure (skating, puck moving, up ice vision)

but its cool you know more than 10 years of ~150 hockey writers about Nash, who, you know, get paid to cover hockey

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
but its cool you know more than 10 years of ~150 hockey writers about Nash, who, you know, get paid to cover hockey

And Stephanie Meyer is a writer who gets paid to write Twilight...what's your point? :laugh:

It's kind of obvious that the best players in the league are either incredibly resilient or in a system that plays to their strengths. I would think any coach would adjust their system to their personnel...unless you're AV.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Nash seems like a good addition to the Canes as they are sitting at the Cap Floor. They could take on the full salary without issue. Just depends on the cost. At $7.8 million for the next two years I wouldn't be handing over any young top-6 forwards.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
It's not just the money though, doesn't he have a pretty serious NTC, where it's 10 teams or nothing? I think Ottawa had a deal in place for him a few years ago and he vetoed it.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
I'm certain that Nash will have a bounceback season. I'd take him on the Leafs as a vet if he could be had for a 2nd + young mid level F prospect + cap dump, but I don't think the Rangers should trade him.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I started this thread on that exact subject. You responded that you guys don't need Klein.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2101523&highlight=pavel+buchnevich

Considering he is a right handed shot and the second best defenseman on the team right now, signed to 2.9 mil, he should have good value. A late first seems about right but I don't see why we would trade him at all unless there was a fire sale and he would be like bottom middle of the list of priorities to be moved.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
If the only offers for Nash are bad, then what's the point of the Rangers not gambling those offers do not get better should Nash prove to be healthy and play well again?

What do they lose out on by not making such a move? They only lose out on making a deal for a poor return, so what would the point be again?

Doriva

May 6, 2015
Middlesbrough, UK
I think with some retention lets say down to the # that Kesler was traded for, we can get a similar deal 1st + roster player + prospect.

7th in goals/60 since he joined the rangers even after the injury hampered year last year, this ridiculous assumptions that his value is much much lower than that is ridiculous even when taking the expansion draft into account.

Rich Jagr

Nov 19, 2011
I think with some retention lets say down to the # that Kesler was traded for, we can get a similar deal 1st + roster player + prospect.

7th in goals/60 since he joined the rangers even after the injury hampered year last year, this ridiculous assumptions that his value is much much lower than that is ridiculous even when taking the expansion draft into account.

Nash +Klein to EDM for what

Eberle + Nurse +pick most likely 3rd maybe a 2nd

Been a while since I proposed a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad